Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 10:37:00 AM EDT
Thinking of buying a Armalite 223, green furniture, collapsable stock, any opinions on quality and service?..........Thanks

ALWAYS CARRY, ALWAYS LOCKED, ALWAYS LOADED

1st Sqdn, 4th Cav, 1st Inf.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#1]
armalite is good.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi. Tried to send you an IM but got the response that you weren't accepting site IM's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard good and bad but don't own any myself.  When TC sent some guys our way for training last fall they brought with them Armalite AR-10's with the green FF tube. The rivets popped out on a couple of tubes during the first week or so of the course. The shooting wasn't overly impressive and they had quite a few malfunctions. More so than we have with our rifles.

As for the .223, I cannot say anything based on fact or opinion based on experience.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Armalite M15A2, and I love it. Over 2000+ rounds so far, and it's going strong. I also have an Armalite AR50, and it's tons of fun, too. I'm impressed by the quality and features I found stock on my AR versus say, my buddies' Colts... little things like the quick push pin on the front of the receiver, better pricing, etc.

Armalite has been great to me as far as answering my questions via e-mail over the last few years. I can't comment on their service otherwise, as I haven't had any problems with my 2 rifles, whatsoever. If their fast responses to questions is any indication though, I bet they're good in that area, too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never had a spot of trouble with my Armalite.It will eat any ammo and keep on going.
I've recently bought a Rock River but will always love my Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I recently purchased a flat top ArmaLite carbine.  I am very happy with it.  When I sighted in the BUIS (Troy flip up rear and PRi flip up gas block front) I was grouping 2/3" at 50 yards using Winchester White Box and shooting off of a frozen (literally) sandbag.  Not bad for a 16" barrel!

Almost forgot... the carbine comes with a midlength gas tube.  This was a feature I was looking for when I began my ar search.

I think ArmaLite is a great choice.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Armalite is great stuff.

Had a M15A2 and never had a problem...well, except that a buddy wanted it so badly he was willing plunk down a considerable chunk of change for the one I owned.

I sold it and have been kicking myself ever since.

BTW:  Get the MIDLENGTH gas system.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've heard good and bad but don't own any myself.  When TC sent some guys our way for training last fall they brought with them Armalite AR-10's with the green FF tube. The rivets popped out on a couple of tubes during the first week or so of the course. The shooting wasn't overly impressive and they had quite a few malfunctions. More so than we have with our rifles.

As for the .223, I cannot say anything based on fact or opinion based on experience.

Where, pray tell, are the friggin' rivets on any ARMALITE?  Or screws, marbles, tribbles,... any da-da-damn thing that can come off of an ARMALITE FF tube?

So far with your post... I'd place that blame with the operators.

Name the AR-10 malfunctions, please.  The classic "turn the gd mag spring around and use two d-Fender rings on the extractor spring" solved +90% of all MALFs.

Not that it matters, but what make are your 5.56 rifles?

Dave S

How many 10s were brought in and who is TC and whom did they send?

carolinadrifter!!!!!!!!  As you can tell I da-da-damn like Armalite rifles.  

Now, take this with a grain of salt or a good shot of bourbon.

Quote from this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=268702

Pg 4 by Bigant:

"I can not confirm this, but this was taken from another site where the fella talked with Bill A at Shot and a Wolf Rep.

6.5 Grendel has been acepted by the DOD for SOCOM operations. 6.5 Grendel M4 to be used for designated marksman. In order to get production up, deal has been cut with Armalite. Marine corp has really pushed this and has done most of the DOD testing for combat troops but Army AMU has done accuracy/sniper tests. The 6.5 has more flexibility than the 6.8.
Wolf production will be out July/August. Nice brass case stuff. Salesman said in quanity (1000rds) $.12-.15/rd depending on bullet. J&G and the other big Wolf distributers will carry it first. (On a side note a large shipment of 5.45mm is coming in. The Wolf rep said that 5.45 was a relatively slow mover. so they only had orders for a small replace volumes. He said about 6 months ago sales really took off so they had to redo there orders to the factory.)
The SOCOM guys will use a 120gr bullet. Standard military will be 103 gr. "

You'ld be surprised how much the Corps and AMU respect ARMALITE products... and how many Service Sniper Teams have place in the Top 10 with an ARMALITE AR-10 as part of the reason in the last four years.  Yeah, I think that goes beyond last fall.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Dave I always use the grain of salt, HA. I may be wrong but I think Armalite was the original designer of the M-16---- I know I'll get called out or corrected on this one.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#10]
There is nothing wrong with ArmaLite

My M15A2  has close to 30,000 rouns through it now, and still is problem free
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top