Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/13/2006 6:58:47 AM EDT
I'm considering getting an LMT M4 and I was wondering how it compares to brands like Colt, RRA, and Bushmaster?  I'd like information about reliability, fit, finish, overall quality, and any problems that have been had with them (if any).

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#1]
LMT gives you the ability to quickly change the barrel and it's free floated for more accuracy. I handled them at the SHOT Show a couple of days ago and the are very nicely built. They will not sell you a complete rifle unless you are Military or L.E. though. I have had no experience with them on the range but I've heard great things.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#2]
The product that MONGO mentions is new

The LMT M4 product of some experience is a terrific choice and is highly regarded here - and more importantly - by many top PSD and .mil shooters

The quality fit, finish, reliability is essentially the level of the Law Enforcement series of Colt AR15's

The LMT Defender 2000 lower with the M4 style 16" upper is the configuration most often seen.'

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the LMT bolt enhancements.  The principled of being able to change barrels on an M4 is the answer to a question that wasn't asked. If you need a different barrel to change calibers, won't you have to change the bolt as well? Point being, just get a different upper as it's probably not much if any more expensive than the MRP.

Nice guys though.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
LMT:  It doesn't suck.

I have a couple of their M4 uppers and one of their lowers and I'm quite happy with all of them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#6]
LMT=Good stuff

I just purchased an LMT M4 upper from Bravo Company. The fit and finish are first rate, it fits well and matches my RRA lowers color perfectly. I have about 300 rds through it now and it has digested everthing Ive put through it. I would have no problem purchasing another.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top