AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Good stuff.

They have great quality, and are often slightly cheaper than comparable manufacturers (like Bushmaster, Armalite, etc).  I'd have no hesitation in buying RRA.

+1

Good stuff.  Works.  Wish they offered 1-7 twist but I'm sure they will sooner or later.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an A4, 20", 1/8 twist, pre-ban, stainless upper (RRA lower too) that I assembled and installed a YHM free float forend on and broke the barrel in properly. I am consistently hovering around 1/3 to 2/3 MOA (1/3 to 2/3 inch groups at 100 yards) using BlacK Hills 77gr Sierras. I have a Bushnell 6-18x50 scope on it and a simple Yellow Tavern reduced power trigger spring set ($9 at a gunshow). I am more than happy with RRA and could have easily spent a lot more money for the same accuracy and performance. I would buy without hesitation.

I have the same positive comments about fit and finish. First rate. I also own Bushmaster and Alexander Arms uppers/rifles. I would easily give the nod to RRA for the fit and finish, inside and out.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jury is still out with me.  

I can see why you are clearly confused.

For those who do not see that all well.  This a little clearer?

If this is what normally comes out of their factory as of late, no thanks.
My first two RRA rifles were of the same quality of Bushmaster, but after receiving an upper in this condition.  As I said, jury is still out.  If RRA makes things right...........?

Wow!!!  A sample of ONE!!!!!!!!!!  Now THAT is what we call statistically significant.

I hope the company that made your car has never, ever made a defective or shoddy product.  Ever.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
For fit, finish and $$$ you cant go wrong with RRA

+1

Dave W.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jury is still out with me.  

I can see why you are clearly confused.

For those who do not see that all well.  This a little clearer?
www.hunt101.com/img/373463.JPG
If this is what normally comes out of their factory as of late, no thanks.
My first two RRA rifles were of the same quality of Bushmaster, but after receiving an upper in this condition.  As I said, jury is still out.  If RRA makes things right...........?

Wow!!!  A sample of ONE!!!!!!!!!!  Now THAT is what we call statistically significant.

I hope the company that made your car has never, ever made a defective or shoddy product.  Ever.  

No not really, considering there has been a previous thread about RRA attempts at dremeling feedramps at the factory.  Unfortunately for me I received an upper that was severely mangled, but others have comments on the poor quality of this type of work.

The original poster asked the question.  I believe what I posted is a legitimate concern if in fact RRA is now dremeling feedramps into some of their uppers of this nature and quality.

As for your car mfg comment, you screwed the pooch on that one.  Yes, my truck has had 5 recalls since I have owned it.  But every time I took the truck in, they fixed it for free.  I can not say the same for RRA since they have been so courteous IN nOT returning any of my emails for two weeks now.   Don't want to hear "oh, there was the SHOT show".

Never said their rifles are junk, I only pointed out one fasset of their production that should be in question.  Guess you never bothered to read the highligted red statement.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with just about everyone else: love RRA. Best value available, IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd have to agree with you on the feed ramps.  I have heard that they make a fine firearm, but how can you justify doing that to a rifle and then selling it for 800+, that's just rediculous.  Anyone can take a dremel and make their own feedrams.  I would be embarassed to manufacture a product that looked like it was built in the shed behind the hous.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#8]
RRA has a very limited choice in barrels. You either get SS, 4140 non-chrome lined, 4140 chrome-lined, and all heavy-barrel configs.

I went with Bushmaster: 4150 and chrome lined.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top