Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 7:50:56 PM EDT
Is it stupid to change the free floats on the Bushy Varrmiter?   I would like to change the handrails but my Gun Shop is telling me not to touch them, reason I want to change is so I have more options to mount Bipods, etc.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
 It's your rifle, do what you think will fit your needs best.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Why shouldnt you change them?? As long as you stay with free floated hand rails its going to make fuck all for difference.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 on what the others have said.

go to the "build it yourself" forum and at the top there are tacked threads walking you through the various things.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck getting the current tube off.

First thing you need to do is take a strap wrench to the tube itslef for about 1/4 to 1/2 a turn, back off the locking ring, then finish removing the tube.  If you want to replace the barrel nut (you will have to for any other handguard/rail/FF Tube) then whip out the propane torch for the varminter.  The gas block is held on with red loctite supposedly, but mine was GREEN.  Use a nylon hammer after heating to knock it off .  Only took me 2 hours heVarminter FF Tube Removal
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top