Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:06:27 PM EDT
stores.ballistictec.com/Detail.bok?no=22

Does anyone here have any experinces with these cubes. Will You get movment of the cube with a 5.56 round?.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one I bought from one of the vendors here on the forum.  It has about 1000 rounds of .223, 500 rds of .45, 100 rounds of .44 mag.   It is holding together very well, and with the .223 on dry ground it moves pretty well. It will roll and bounce around with .223

If it is slightly muddy it will get bogged down but still is fun.  Some of the less hot .45's get caught in it so mine has actually gained about 5lbs.  he
By the way, .44 mag will rock its world.  The first time I shot it with .44 mag it rolled 20 feet perfectly straight.  

Hope that helps.  

Jake
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info. Who has the best prices?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
$75 for a 4" cube!!!  Is it made of gold!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You may not think it is worth the money, but for a reactive target that last for years. $75 to me is worth it.   I was spending $75 in shoot-n-c targets every few months and they aren't fun compared to the cube.  At the range, everyone stops to watch me unload 3 or 4 clips into the "cube"

Jake
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for vendor info
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
umlautarms.com $70
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Do these things float?  I have a shooting spot that has water and burms around that water.  If it would jump around in the water, it could be a lot of fun!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Do these things float?  I have a shooting spot that has water and burms around that water.  If it would jump around in the water, it could be a lot of fun!

I would suggest not shooting into the water.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have one I bought from one of the vendors here on the forum.  It has about 1000 rounds of .223, 500 rds of .45, 100 rounds of .44 mag.   It is holding together very well, and with the .223 on dry ground it moves pretty well. It will roll and bounce around with .223

If it is slightly muddy it will get bogged down but still is fun.  Some of the less hot .45's get caught in it so mine has actually gained about 5lbs.  

From the looks of it will last well into the thousands of rounds.  I have even looked into the polymer spinning targets on ebay, supposedly made of the same material.  I think those would be neat.

By the way, .44 mag will rock its world.  The first time I shot it with .44 mag it rolled 20 feet perfectly straight.  

Hope that helps.  

Jake

which vendor?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You may not think it is worth the money, but for a reactive target that last for years. $75 to me is worth it.   I was spending $75 in shoot-n-c targets every few months and they aren't fun compared to the cube.  At the range, everyone stops to watch me unload 3 or 4 clips into the "cube"

Jake

Man, am I an ASSHOLE or WHAT?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I do the same thing with gold balls and my .22 lr its fun. I go fishing in creeks near a gold course and find them all over. Its like finding a free target.  With much more than a .22 lr you may not be able to find it once hit. The golf balls will take several hits from 7.62x51 befor you need to shoot at a new one.
You can also put a serew in them and hang them from a tree/fence and they swing, makes it fun.

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:02:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Can you elaborate?  I've heard that ricochets are an issue.  But he says he has an adequate berm; is there some other issue?  Is lead contamination an issue?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you elaborate?  I've heard that ricochets are an issue.  But he says he has an adequate berm; is there some other issue?  Is lead contamination an issue?

no its just illegal to hunt for fish with a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:21:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jake

www.btinternet.com/~fireballxl5/workplace/office/pics/paperclips.jpg

Man, am I an ASSHOLE or WHAT?

You could very well be, but that does not make your post any less funny.... Hmmm, I wonder if he was shooting a Garand ???
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:43:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no its just illegal to hunt for fish with a rifle.

I wouldn't worry about lead contamination unless you shoot there on a regular basis -and eat the crawfish.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I used a rubber cubes or nylon cubes from the local truck supply. Only cost a few dollars ..
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top