Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
I will be building an m4 clone using a delton parts kit. As I was looking at their webpage I saw that they have the dpms a4 glacier guard handguards. Has anyone had any experience with these and if so how do you feel about them. I will be basically using this rifle for plinking. I appreciate any input that is given
Chris
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:06:10 PM EDT
I've got some and they work fine.

TS
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:11:33 PM EDT
They are just plain handguards. Thats just DPMS's fancy name for them. BTW they work fine.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:13:40 PM EDT
I just bought an OD set at a Gun Show last weekend for $30. They look like standard M4 style hand guards except they feel heavier and alot more heavy duty ...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:18:51 PM EDT
I have some. They seem much more durable. Very solid feel.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:31:51 PM EDT
much better at dissipating heat than standard metallic handguards which have a tendency to "insulate" the barrel and retain heat, rather than dissipate it. With standard-metallic handguards I have had to use gloves after a certain point when the weapon has been abused to such an extent, its too hot to handle. I have not reached this point with any of my DPMS weapons with glacier gaurds, and its not for lack of trying. Overall, its a better design and they are very effective.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:58:37 PM EDT
DPMS gave me a set a couple of years ago... when they first came out. I broke them within a few weeks, a record I believe for breaking a handguard.

But, they were very new... and I am pretty hard of stuff I guess...
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 9:29:38 PM EDT
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2629/olym4gery2rz.th.jpg

i think they work well and look good.
Top Top