Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2006 3:55:26 PM EDT
Hey all, new to the forum so want to say hello and thanks for all the great advise I've been reading on here.

I ran down to the local shop yesterday to pick up an Armalite M4 for my birthday present from the wifey...filled out all the regular stuff and they sent it in for approval.

Shop owner told me that it should take a couple minutes...a husband and wife came in after me and both got new handguns, their approval came in a few minutes...mine...still yet to come...

Anyone have any experience like this in Va? I used to live in MD and have purchased 4 glocks up there no problem...are they extra precautious with Mil types arms or something?

Anyone think it might be because I wasn't born in the states even though I"m a citizen? Patriot act?

Thanks for any advise...basically whining because can't get my toy quickly and worried about undue delay or denial thanks to Clinton et. al. Would appreciate anything that might help. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:57 PM EDT
Don't sweat it. I get delayed everytime I get anything now. Ever since 1.5 years ago, my forms get delayed. I guess my info if close to a criminals so they have to take a closer look. The last two were late in the day, close to closing and delayed until the next day for a Kahr and later an HK USP.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:33:29 PM EDT
thanks for the reply...hopefully it's just that...

Another question I had was this...would it be better to get an AR 10 or another .308 AR type versus a .223 nowadays?

With the lack of recoil a .223 makes sense full auto, but if we have to stroke each shot...is there much advantage over a .308 configuration? Anyone know the ballistic diff's?

Thanks again!
Top Top