Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/12/2006 12:35:35 PM EDT
I know I've read a thread about breaking in chrome lined barrels, and I've spent about 2 hours looking for it, using the search mode, and can't find it.  

Can someone point me in the right direction?  I'm expecting an A4 upper from Legal Transfers soon, so I'm pretty fired up.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
you really dont need to break in a crome lined barrel. but if you want to the way i did mine was fire a round clean, do that a few times then start shooting more rounds and clean, special attention to copper. then do a mag and then clean... its a pain in the butt and really not needed. my second build i just shot it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
chrome lined barrels do require breaking in....
shoot the shit out of it reload and shoot it some more
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]
when I bought mine I was told to put 200 rounds through it (no rapid fire for the first 200 either) and then clean it. I was also told to only use copper or is it brass bore brushes?

don't know if it was necisary but I did what they manufacture said.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.  Thanks for the info!  I'm glad I went with the chrome lined--that sounds like my kind of break-in!

Dusty6
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top