Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think i wouldnt mind having one, to utilize on a bipod equipped AR as a "semi" light machinegun

of course with a 1 1/2 lb trigger for rapid firing

That's how I have mine set up.  I use it on my Colt 20" HBAR pre ban set up with a harris bipod.  Its awkward for me to change 30 rounders in the prone position with a tripod attached.  If I need a light weight weapon I will use one of my M4s.  From what I have read, Beta addressed any QC issues and the C mag is very reliable.  Sometimes I take it to the range for a quick dump, just to make sure it is working properly of course.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What's there to get? If you don't "get it", don't "buy it".

They were designed for the military, not civilians, who sometimes want to have 100 rounds of uninterruptable fire.

BTW, I don't get it either which is why I have never bought one but if others like them, so be it.

The Beta mags are supposedly unreliable.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Can anyone back that up?  Mine has worked flawlessly.  I would like to know of others personal experiences with them.  Just the current manufactured ones.   Oh, what the hell, all of them.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:30:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Got mine cause I can finally own one. Prior AWB said I couldn't.
Do I need a Corvette that will run 150mph? No. I got one of those because I can.
For me, it's novelty, simply put.
cc
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you owned a machine gun you would understand.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Can anyone back that up?  Mine has worked flawlessly.  I would like to know of others personal experiences with them.  Just the current manufactured ones.   Oh, what the hell, all of them.

There's data out there that shows military testing deemed them less than reliable for military use.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

The one I had ran fine. It added alot of weight and rattled around like a mofo though. I traded it for 14 brand new in the box USGI Okay LEO mags....... I do kinda miss the BETA. Seemed like the perfect quick response,   jump up out of bed, grab your shit real quick, running around in your underware, I got 100rds to burn before I need to retreat, get your ass up off me mag. My .02
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:40:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one for my 223 and my 9mm next I will have one for my AR10 just a few more months they should be out. Imgine 100 rounds of 308 going down range faster then I can pull the trigger. That barrel is going to be HOT soon. I have a shitlaod of 30's and 20's that is why I picked theese up. It's like having more then 4 Ar's, why do I need then BECAUSE I CAN.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
[There's data out there that shows military testing deemed them less than reliable for military use.

I recall reading that the C-mag was intended for military use and was expected to be a use-once, expendable item

In other words: get a huge wad of ammo.......blast away, dispose. Repeat.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#11]
mine has worked exceptionally well...fun to shoot but I wouldn't want to carry it around loaded...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[There's data out there that shows military testing deemed them less than reliable for military use.

I recall reading that the C-mag was intended for military use and was expected to be a use-once, expendable item

In other words: get a huge wad of ammo.......blast away, dispose. Repeat.

That makes sense as an Uncle Sugar procurement item.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Boat<<<>>>Anchor
AR15<<<>>>Beta Mag

I hear they're real popular with the READY......FIRE......AIM shooters.

Be nice, I'm only joking.
Whatever floats your boat, er, or anchors it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Alright put on your Gillie Suit, hide prone in the weeds with 5 20rnd magazines on your silenced gun, and change magazines 5 times without moving.

Gillie suit?  silenced 5.56? 100rds? damn send me a copy of your tactics books so I can make copies!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:21:19 PM EDT
[#15]
The best reason to own one is that Feinstein doesn't want you to.

I don't but I've thought about buying one as a novelty.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
you can have 90 on your rifle if you use a redi-mag and a buttstock pouch.  Oh and some practice with mag changes

edit:  seems more reliable.  Correct me if i'm wrong
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:36:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The best reason to own one is that Feinstein doesn't want you to.

I don't but I've thought about buying one as a novelty.

you know, this is a good reason to buy a couple of them.

I'm thinking about that clear one and that tan one.
hmmmm
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:11:31 AM EDT
[#18]

I have a semiauto 20" A4 clone rifle.  I traded for a Beta C-mag for only one reason - to turn my AR into a 'poor man's LMG'.  I won't be shooting it at any time except in the prone off of a bipod.  I don't find it terribly useful, just fun to fire 100 rounds at multiple targets at varying ranges.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:17:20 AM EDT
[#19]
I found a discussion dated early 2004, that mentioned the C-mags selling for $500/each and even occasionally more.

I suppose the fact that during the ban the Cmags held the mythical "can't have it so it must be great" allure to them.

When they got real (if you call $240 real) people saw it as getting something worth $500 for $240 worthwhile.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:48:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Two mag changes with my PS90 = 100rd , but after spending $150 for mags and ammo
or 3 mag changes with my Glock = 99 rd , after spending $76 in mags and ammo
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe an investment if or when the ban comes back?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top