[#1]

Quoted:
Is there a warranty on the rifle?  
If so what?

Why?

TS
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Will I would like to know my options.   See I noticed that  on POFs site they offer the bolt , piston and rod for sale as separate to put in your rifle.  They only fit POF correct.  So do I need to replace mine in near future.  I would think POF would say  how many rounds you could fire before replacing parts.  Bushmaster and Rock river both back there rifles. Have not heard a word from POF. I e-mailed them some time back asking about their warranty. No a word from them.
I got worried when I bought two twenty round Bushmaster mags and the gun jammed every time I tried to shoot it.  It was a magazine problem.  It works fine with H& K thirty round mag.  So now I want to know about warranty.
Don't you want to know if  truck is covered when it breaks down on the first day?
Maybe I am taking your question wrong.  Maybe you own a POF and now you are worried.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a POF.  I had a problem and they fixed it, quick.  They do back up their rifles.  I just wanted to know if you already had one...

TS
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I have P-415-16-BP-CF  upper on a Rock River lower with a six position collapsible stock. LMT rear sight. Two front sights from POF. The hooded and A2.  I ordered it on a Monday and got it that Friday. It was a return from a customer unused.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Wantabe,
Whe you say it was a mag problem, does thqat mean that you had bad bushmaster mags, or will POF's only work with the HK mags?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a POF upper on a POF lower and it takes the USGI teflon mags like a champ.

ETA:

Quoted:
It was a magazine problem.  It works fine with H& K thirty round mag.  So now I want to know about warranty.  Don't you want to know if [your] truck is covered when it breaks down on the first day?

Sure, but if the aftermarket stereo I put in my truck wouldn't play I wouldn't talk to the truck dealership about it.  IE, if it's a mag problem maybe you should be asking what Bushmaster's warranty is on their mags.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:35:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, Stick.  That is what I was doing.  And no, I don't have reservations about my POF.  I did have a minor problem which they fixed quickly.  

TS

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Frank is a good guy and proud of his work.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Frank is a good guy and proud of his work.

Ditto on that! Great People and a great product!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:18:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I called Bushmaster about the magazines.  They said I could send them back. I did not feel like investing any more money in them.  I got out some tools and worked on them.  Got one working and still working on other.   I love my POF.  I do think I am having trouble with bolt.   I don't know what you call the part.  It is a square headed part that moves in a cut out slot.  It sure is hard to move by hand.  The cut out slot is not smooth.  I think it is how it cocks to fire.   Boy that was clear as mud.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:58:39 AM EDT
[#12]
"Hey, if ya want me to take a dump in a box and mark it gaurenteed I can,....I got spare time" What move?????
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Boy that was clear as mud.

Yup.  Do you remove it from the front, near the handguard or rail.  Or does it come out of the rear with the charging handle, bolt carrier and bolt?

TS
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I do think I am having trouble with bolt.   I don't know what you call the part.  It is a square headed part that moves in a cut out slot.  It sure is hard to move by hand.  The cut out slot is not smooth.  I think it is how it cocks to fire.   Boy that was clear as mud.

You are refering to the cam pin. It is held in place by the firing pin. You must remove the cotter pin on the left side of the carrier. Once the cotter pin is out, remove the firing pin. With the firing pin out, rotate the cam pin 90 degress so that the long side of the rectangle head is parallel to the carrier body. The cam pin should now come out
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
"Hey, if ya want me to take a dump in a box and mark it gaurenteed I can,....I got spare time" What move?????

Tommy Boy. As my reward for properly answering your question, I demand THIS
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top