Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:43:18 AM EDT
Need info on proper way to clean lower when using china marking pen to highlite rollmarks.
Could not use Archive as it only goes back 30 days for public search.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Either
A) Ask the question about cleaning the lower
or
B) Buy a membership
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:01:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Gee, I thought my post above DID ask for info on cleaning  lower.
Thanks for putting me in my place as a non-member of this site.
Are you going to take my little 352 posts away from me?
Sorry  353.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:25:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Either
or
B) Buy a membership

Sounds like you just became a team member and now you think your popular or something.

At least most team members have something good to contribute when they post...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Chris, I became a member in 2001. I am retired and cannot aford to become a TEAM MEMBER.
I have posted info that was on topic a number of times. Not just fuff ond duff.
I am only asking for info on ways to remove excess china marker from my lower.
If you can help, then I thank you. If not then xvdferhfjdbescfd.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:57:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been lurking and reading for a bit and sadly, I have seen quite a bit of this type of hostility on this board. Unfriendly and contentious posts like this can usually be traced back to one of two things: 1) Fear, and 2) Insecurity.

Many board members here act like locals in a small polygamist village. They treat this forum like their own small town and don’t take kindly to strangers and newcomers who may have more knowledge, intelligence, insight, brawn, guns etc. and threaten to take their women and forum social status. You don’t know who you are degrading and putting down – there might be a new sheriff in town, much less a human being with feelings and emotions seeking advice as he begins his sojourn into the AR realm. Perhaps some of you haven’t noticed that your 2nd Amendment rights are being stripped away and every member/team member counts. Don’t alienate your own. How foolish. You had better recognize friend and foe. Our strength is in number and unity. Harness your energy and utilize your time for something constructive/productive. A principle that will serve you well on this board as well as in life is: “If you don’t have anything nice (constructive) to say, don’t say it at all.”
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Birchwood Casey Gunscrubber and a paper towel or other suitable rag.  After the excess is removed, hit the lower w/ a light film of CLP to give that nice dark finish again.  BC GS will remove all oil/grease giving it a white appearance until oil is applied again.

(Use that advise only if you can utilize the information provided by a lowly member...)

Sly
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to Walmart and buy a can of their choke and carb cleaner.
Spray on papertowel and rub area.
Re-lube area.
This should get it off.
You can spray it onto the lower if it is difficult to get off but DO NOT LET IT GET ON ANY PLASTIC/SYNTHETIC/PAINTED PART as it will probably dissolve it.
Goodluck.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:51:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have been lurking and reading for a bit and sadly, I have seen quite a bit of this type of hostility on this board. Unfriendly and contentious posts like this can usually be traced back to one of two things: 1) Fear, and 2) Insecurity.

Many board members here act like locals in a small polygamist village. They treat this forum like their own small town and don’t take kindly to strangers and newcomers who may have more knowledge, intelligence, insight, brawn, guns etc. and threaten to take their women and forum social status. You don’t know who you are degrading and putting down – there might be a new sheriff in town, much less a human being with feelings and emotions seeking advice as he begins his sojourn into the AR realm. Perhaps some of you haven’t noticed that your 2nd Amendment rights are being stripped away and every member/team member counts. Don’t alienate your own. How foolish. You had better recognize friend and foe. Our strength is in number and unity. Harness your energy and utilize your time for something constructive/productive. A principle that will serve you well on this board as well as in life is: “If you don’t have anything nice (constructive) to say, don’t say it at all.”

I ran into this same thing with another member last night.

Refer here.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=266765

This member, 223rem, was quite rude while trying to act like he was saving my life and I owed him a debt of gratitude.  The other's in that post were awesome!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

B) Buy a membership

lighten up.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#10]
In fact....  the last two times I tried to buy a membership, I got errors from the shopping cart.....
Both times tried to email the "webmaster"
Both times his mailbox was full....

Just trying to send in $$.....
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:19:18 AM EDT
[#11]
What do yall expect from a bunch of gun nuts???  Have you ever been to a Firearm store and they act like assholes to you???  Well I bet a bunch of people here work at those stores!!!

Membership is $24.00 a year, which is cheap for Free AR tech support.

You can try any solvent, like Alcohol, Acetone, MEK, etc.  Put on rag first then wipe.

Welcome to the Board!!!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That is an excellent first post, simply for nailing the X-ring with your first shot!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#13]
You guys are not reading the original post. ybh_613 edited the title and the body of his post. The original title was "Public search is limited to 30 days."  It was only after whining about that, that he asked the question about cleaning his gun.  

My point is "If you have a question, ask it." But don't start a topic to bitch about the features you lack.  I used this site for over 2 years before joining. I didn't like the 30 day limit but I sure didn't start threads to complain about it.

I sure as hell don't change the topic of post after people had replied.  I guess I could post "Who likes blow jobs" then wait until 10 guys have posted and change it to "Who likes gay sex".
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I sure as hell don't change the topic of post after people had replied.  I guess I could post "Who likes blow jobs" then wait until 10 guys have posted and change it to "Who likes gay sex".

LOL,  that would be funny as shit!!!!

I didn't like the wait 60 or 90 seconds before searching again limit as a non-team member.  I originally thought it was a per month fee, and there was no way I would pay $20+ per month for a forum, then I realized it was a yearly fee, and I said sure that is reasonable for a site that is very helpful.

Furthermore, life is tough, people are going to need thicker skin to make it through life....if your feelings are that fragile, I would recommend a Betty & Crocker forum!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#15]
My skin is plenty thick, believe me. I have engaged in verbal warfare the likes that would bring many men to tears (and has). The point is the nonproductive nature of this type of post. Don't get me wrong, I can dish it by the truckload, when appropriate. I do not use my knowledge and wisdom to belittle others. To get respect - you have to give respect. Moreover, don't underestimate the Betty Crocker gals either - they are coming for your guns and all the sarcasm in the world wouldn't begin to mount the necessary defense.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Chris, I became a member in 2001. I am retired and cannot aford to become a TEAM MEMBER.

You need to read who i was talking to (gks452)...

i was on your side ybh_613, I understood your question perfectly, just didn't like how gks452 tried to seem all high and mighty because he bought the cheapest membership and now thinks he's the C.O. of the board...

As for the original title, I know you were trying to limit those "this has been covered before" posts from Team members who forget our search function is limited (in which I'm not complaining, and I don't believe ybh_613 was either)
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#17]
who cares what the original post was... I like that "taking all their women"  part...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i was on your side ybh_613, I understood your question perfectly, just didn't like how gks452 tried to seem all high and mighty because he bought the cheapest membership and now thinks he's the C.O. of the board...

As for the original title, I know you were trying to limit those "this has been covered before" posts from Team members who forget our search function is limited (in which I'm not complaining, and I don't believe ybh_613 was either)

Let me repeat myself. Your not seeing the post I replied to.  ybh_613 has ediited his post to make it appear like he's a victim. His orginal post was a compaint about the search limit with a question added at the end.  

It sure didn't come off as "sorry if this has been asked before" it was more like "limiting public search sucks".

Then after I call him on it, he changes the orginal post and replys with a  'why are you being so mean to poor little me".

I guess the lesson I've learned is to quote people before calling them on their bs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
What do yall expect from a bunch of gun nuts???

That is a good question. What should I expect? More I guess, if they want to keep their guns. Everyone, especially gun nuts, deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.

Quoted:
Have you ever been to a Firearm store and they act like assholes to you???

Yes I have, when I was in my early 20's a guy made me feel about two-inches tall because I was not familiar with a pistol I was looking at. An experience I have not forgot. Making someone feel stupid is not a good way to do business, make friends, or build a reputation.

If it was directed at me, thanks for the welcome. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me repeat myself. Your not seeing the post I replied to.  ybh_613 has ediited his post to make it appear like he's a victim. His orginal post was a compaint about the search limit with a question added at the end.  

It sure didn't come off as "sorry if this has been asked before" it was more like "limiting public search sucks".

Then after I call him on it, he changes the orginal post and replys with a  'why are you being so mean to poor little me".

I guess the lesson I've learned is to quote people before calling them on their bs.

I caught what you were trying to say gks452, and the point was understood on my end.  If you had quoted his original post and ybh_613 would have edited w/ an "ETA w/ detailed question(s)" or something to that effect, things would have been smoother.

Sly
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 1:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

yeah, great first post...

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#22]
i use hoppes #9 to gently buff off the excess
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Just molycoated an upper and lower last night, and I used red and white china markers on the fire/safe/t-marks.  As instructed by Norrells I wiped the coated surface with some CLP, and sure enough it wiped the excess china marker residue right off.

So, try some CLP to remove.  Worked great over here!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

less than 7 cents per day!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's less than Sally Struthers is trying to get out of you!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's less than Sally Struthers is trying to get out of you!

Yeah I am not giving up my cup of coffee to give to her!!!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Ya know, if the post and title was changed AFTER the initial response, you have to ask yourself "why?" If that's what really happened, that's about the most dishonest thing you can do on a board. It makes the following posters look however you want them to look -- because you get to craft your original post to make them look foolish.

If that's what happened, shame on you! If not, shame on someone for saying it did!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#28]

or
B) Buy a membership

Wow, make someone feel welcome. Why would you want to buy a membership to talk to a person like yourself?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

or
B) Buy a membership

Wow, make someone feel welcome. Why would you want to buy a membership to talk to a person like yourself?

You don't understand, that comment was made before the thread starter changed his first post.  The post was much more different before he edited it.  Therefore the comment now looks harsh but wasn't that harsh when it was made.

i.e. the post originally was complaining about the bad search engine that is provided to a non-paying member, and the question about cleaning the china marker was not to the point.

In other words, don't complain about the shitty service from a site that you don't pay for, and come to get free tech support.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You guys are not reading the original post. ybh_613 edited the title and the body of his post. The original title was "Public search is limited to 30 days."

I have not seen this rebutted by ybh_613. Nevertheless, the alleged original title was not likely meant to whine but to take the sting out of potential replies for posting what might be a question that has been asked and answered in a previous thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#31]
O.K. Guys, I'am sorry for all the confustion. I did change my first post because as I read it I could see the need for change. I did remove the statement that I had looked in the archives but could only go back 30 days.
Now I had never looked in the archives before and did not know this. I put this in ( 30 days ) to let all know that I WAS trying to search for myself. I did not intend for it to be a rant, just a statement of fact. I removed it when I saw it was misunderstood. And I did not use ETA.

Please know that I did not intend to offend anyone and if I did then I am sorry. I was only looking for a little help. Know also that if I can help anyone I will do all that I can and "Please don't let me be misunderstood".
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top