Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/10/2006 6:17:24 AM EDT
Sorry, couldn't resist...

I just add to throw another bone to the dupe police...
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:24:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Ummm...yeah.....I know.....

That was kinda the point to the post.

Nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nevermind.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Nevermind.

Please stop trying to be funny.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
It is bad enough there are stupid people out there, but to have some intentionally act stupid is just rediculous.

you
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Ridiculous?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I see this thread going nowhere fast......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, that was an interesting progression .

Just thought i'd bump it back into everyone active topics

Sucka's
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Even better news......................it's more or less the same design that Bushmaster dumped.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
One story i heard was that RRA was supplying receivers to BM for the .308 rifles they built.
BM was also buying collabsable stocks from RRA. BM found a cheaper supplier for the stocks and
wanted RRA to match/lower their price on the stocks. RRA said no. Bm said OK, we dont want your stocks.
RRA said cool, no more .308 receivers for you either, maybe we will just do our own now.

Pretty funny.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I hope they fail.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Even better news......................it's more or less the same design that Bushmaster dumped.

From a conversation with guy I know on the inside, and from my IM's with RRAMODERATOR, they have supposedly fixed the problems that Bushy had with the rifle (RRA was in on production the whole time) and they don't expect to have the same problems. Neither went into detail on what they changed on the rifle, though.

Quoted:
I hope they fail.

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid, bud.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WIZZO

Okay, I keep seeing this kind of comment, but what the hell does it mean??????

Woody
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Okay, I keep seeing this kind of comment, but what the hell does it mean??????

Woody

www.religioustolerance.org/dc_jones.htm
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:38:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

In a thread on 1911forum, I had the same observation only to recieve a reply stating Bushmaster's issue was not due to the design but the manufacturing. That RRA would not have the same compromised process. As much as I hope that is the case, I can't believe that the other people who tried the same thing before Bushmaster had the same problems as Bushmaster, given the number of years between attempts.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:54:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a thread on 1911forum, I had the same observation only to recieve a reply stating Bushmaster's issue was not due to the design but the manufacturing. That RRA would not have the same compromised process. As much as I hope that is the case, I can't believe that the other people who tried the same thing before Bushmaster had the same problems as Bushmaster, given the number of years between attempts.

During the week before Christmas I called Bushy to order a few small parts and while on the phone with them I could not resist asking what happened and why they dropped the .308's...I was told directly by the sales person that the demand just was not there, at first sales were good but then they dropped off...He went on too say that in order to produce the .308's parts the .223 line had too be shut down and changed over......Take that for what you want, thats what I was told.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I hope they fail.

You must lead a sad, pathetic existance if that is what gives you pleasure.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:39:50 AM EDT
[#18]
It's the same as the discontinued Bushmaster BAR-10. The receivers are CMT.

The difference is: RRA will be selling them for $1,100 and change whereas Bushy was asking $1,600 and up....

I think that's the REAL reason Bushmaster couldn't sell them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:35:33 AM EDT
[#19]
What about the bolt breaking problems? Rock River boys fixed that?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It's the same as the discontinued Bushmaster BAR-10. The receivers are CMT.

The difference is: RRA will be selling them for $1,100 and change whereas Bushy was asking $1,600 and up....

I think that's the REAL reason Bushmaster couldn't sell them.

I think your rite, My question is why is RRA's price so much cheaper ??? At any rate I will buy one when they are available and give one a try.......
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think your rite, My question is why is RRA's price so much cheaper ???

Think about it for second. If RRA was selling them to Bushmaster than Bushmaster was selling them to dealers who in turn sold them to customers, every party had to make some money along the way. The more hands that go in the till, the more money something will cost.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
What about the bolt breaking problems? Rock River boys fixed that?

That is the major reason for the dropping of the line, I believe, not money.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:27:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Bushmaster's other big problem was the end of the AWB killed a lot of demand for their .308. The major thing they had going for them was that they took cheap FAL mags. Once you could buy new AR10 mags at a reasonable price, the FAL feed lost the major advantage it had.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Bushmaster's other big problem was the end of the AWB killed a lot of demand for their .308. The major thing they had going for them was that they took cheap FAL mags. Once you could buy new AR10 mags at a reasonable price, the FAL feed lost the major advantage it had.

Pretty much sums it up.  That is why I hope this never takes off.

AR-10s need to use AR-10 mags.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said.  One must live a rather sad existance when stuff like that is important to them, to the point of wishing commercial failure on one of the most successful AR makers of the last 15 years.

Or maybe it's because Colt sucks ass in the commercial market?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fucking tool.

What the fuck is it to you what mags which rifle uses?

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What a fucking tool.

What the fuck is it to you what mags which rifle uses?

Are you even capable of legitimate discussion? Seriously, why do you always post childish shit like this?

In my opinion, I'd rather see AR10 mags myself. I'd prefer original AR10/SR25 mags even more, but the biggest concern for me is how it shoots. For their asking price, I don't think I can complain if it performs.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Now that a flame war is brewing I would like to take this opportunity to add......

IBTL
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top