Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/7/2006 11:11:38 AM EDT
I have heard that they did make A1 upper receivers with the extended feed ramps, and I have also heard that they were added later (Dremel feed ramps).

I looked at Specialized Armament, but I don't know how to decipher everything. Is the Commando upper (Part #: SP64690 ) the one I am after?

Does anyone else make them?

BTW: M4 feed ramps in an upper receiver are not 100% necessary, before that arguement starts. But then again, what do I care? Argue away!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:54:02 AM EDT
Yes, they did/do, kind of. It is not really a A1 upper, as it has the brass deflector. Best way to describe it is a A2 upper with M4 feed ramps and A1 "field" sights.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 11:57:05 AM EDT
c7/a1 upper is what i think its called which has the brass deflector and f/a

the dremelled uppers are crappy and dont line up with anything other than the bbl. it was mated to.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:06:42 PM EDT
I have one. A-1 sights with a brass deflector and M4 style feedramp cuts machined in before anodizing. It also has a little "4" engraved above the gas tube. It will end up with an Ultralight or midlength 16" barrel. Most likely Midlength so I can attach a bayonet/frog sticker. I bought it on the EE last year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:26:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 12:27:02 PM EDT by efpeter]
Yeah. That's what I am looking for.

I'm getting ready to sell my Sporter II. I can't stand the stupid screw pin in front. I want one that will just drop straight on a lower receiver with spec push pins. Other than that, I really like the set-up, FA with deflector and A1 sights.

A2 sights suck donkey balls!

I searched for C7A1 on that inner-net thing, but I kept finding flat tops labeled as c7a1's.

Top Top