Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 7:18:41 AM EDT
where can i get them where shipping is not costing me an 4x's the price of the pins. Had to drill my pins out , so i need some replacements. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:36:33 AM EDT
Chances are the replacement pins won't fit if you drilled out the old ones. You could redrill and tap the holes. Then use set screws in their place.

4X4SC
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:36:45 AM EDT
I have a whole bunch of genaric 3/4" inch long pins that are a little short and I might have some standard pins in my box-0-parts. I'll take a look tonight and if I have them I'll drop them in the mail.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:38:04 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 4x4sc:
Chances are the replacement pins won't fit if you drilled out the old ones. You could redrill and tap the holes. Then use set screws in their place.

4X4SC

You could also go to the next size taper pin which is a 0 I believe. You would need a 0 taper reamer to do so.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:51:34 AM EDT
No i didnt really drill out the entire hole i just got in there about a 1/4 of an inch with a 1/8 size bit. just enought to put the punch in there and give it a couple good whacks without the punch sliping off. at least i dont think i enlarged the holes. Thanks
Top Top