Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:54:36 PM EDT
I thought there was a thread here that shows you how to spot the fakes from the real ones. Does anyone have a link?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:25:39 PM EDT
Here is a hint ... The collapsible ones get shorter and the "fake" one do not.

That is the sure fire way to tell !

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:36:22 PM EDT
I'm not clear what a fake is. If it works, is it a fake? Or are these airsoft fakes?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:15:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
I'm not clear what a fake is. If it works, is it a fake? Or are these airsoft fakes?

During the big-bad assault rifle ban years, there were 'fake' telecopic stocks. They gave the sexy-telescopic stock appearance, without the functionality. They were fixed in one position.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:23:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By metroplex:
I thought there was a thread here that shows you how to spot the fakes from the real ones. Does anyone have a link?

What do you consider fake when everyone and their bother is making a standard collapsible stock body?

Or are you referring to a fake Magpul, VLTOR, or LMT type stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:10:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheInvisibleSoul:
Here is a hint ... The collapsible ones get shorter and the "fake" one do not.

That is the sure fire way to tell !

Invisiblesoul

+1
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:55:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 1:03:18 AM EDT by metroplex]
I thought there were Leapers stocks that worked like the real stocks, but the buffers and buffer tubes were made differently.

i.e. black vs gold buffers
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:27:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/7/2006 2:32:16 AM EDT by redfisher]
From what I have seen and read on this site - they are actually difficult to distinguish from one another (real v fake)

See if you can find the thread reviewing the LMT SOPMOD vs. the airsoft clone version. It is several pages and addresses the real v fake nuances of LMT's and other types of collapsibles

IIRC, its difficult unless you have them side by side.

edit: TM mongo001 did a thorough comparitive review. see it in the link below

ARCHIVE LINK

and

another good discussion - also archive listed
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:38:17 AM EDT
Thanks for taking the time to dig up the links. I read through it and was almost motivated enough to buy the airsoft LMT stock until I saw that they're $100 for the airsoft/clone.

I thought I read somewhere that the airsoft/cheap/clones will use black buffers for the 4/6 position stock while the real ones use a gold colored buffer.
Top Top