Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/6/2006 9:45:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 10:39:35 AM EDT by hispeedal2]
I would have posted this in the accessories forum, but I need help fast (need more traffic). My unit is putting on some new Knight RASs (funny word when its plural) on some new M4s and we are having problems getting the rear of the handguard on. They don't want to lock all the way down under the delta ring.

Anyone ever had this problem? I need a solution soon (running out of time).

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:49:18 AM EDT
Yes. Before you install, you need to completely remove the screw for the gas tube clamp. After taking this screw out, wiggle the clamp until it moves freely (you'll notice it sticks in position, just dislodge it). That should clear up your problem.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:41:48 AM EDT
I will try that this afternoon when the arms room is back open.

Anyone else have any other tricks that may work?

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:49:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/6/2006 12:54:06 PM EDT by terrydavis]

Originally Posted By hispeedal2:
I will try that this afternoon when the arms room is back open.

Anyone else have any other tricks that may work?

I don't loosen the screw entirely, almost so it hangs down, you might have one thread left. Make sure it goes under the barrel nut. I am speaking about the upper piece. Make sure you put it on first. Once you get the hook under the barrel nut tighten it. The bottom should be easy to put on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:31:33 AM EDT
If the lever the screw threads into doesn't hang down far enough, it will get trapped on top of the barrel nut instead of underneath it when you try and install the HG. It has to straddle the gas tube and swing down as far as possible when installing. Took me 30 minutes to figure this out on my own.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:51:45 PM EDT
Thanks guys for all the support.

The last time I dealt with a RAS was about 5 years ago and I don't remember the gas tube thingy even being on the one I had.

We figured it out and will hopefully get them all on tomorrow. Some are harder than others and require the entire screw be backed off. Others don't. Now we at least know what we are looking for.

Again, thanks a lot.

-Alan
Top Top