Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bolt held by bolt catch, safety on "safe." Pick up, slap the catch, flip the switch, pull the trigger.

Yes, but now you have 2 springs compressed (buffer spring, and hammer spring)...  I'm going to stick with safe on and chambered (hammer spring compressed).

Thats exactly the way a defense weapon should be...hr

Now that you and I have been proven correct beyond a shadow of a doubt, we can let this thread die.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
BTW, thanegrooms, there is NO such thing as stupid questions... Just stupid MISTAKES!

Caused by a person that didn't ask the question because he thought it was a stupid question.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:07:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a Glock 21 and I have always carried it locked and loaded, 13 rounds in the magazines, one in the chamber and it has never, ever gone BANG on me; the notion that Glocks are  dangerous because they have no external safeties is asinine at best; I have drop tested my own Glock with a loaded mag and one in the chamber and it has never gone BANG. Glocks are as safe as any other type of firearm, taken the proper safety precautions.

As for how to carry an AR; I carry mine with a loaded magazine, selector on SAFE and an empty chamber.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top