Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:40:38 PM EDT
i recently bought a 6920 from a local dealer , i noticed that on the selector switch it says safe and semi. i have looked at some other 6920's and they say safe and fire. are my markings from a newer rifle or a older model? thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:51:01 PM EDT
I have a Colt 6920 and it is a Colt's Manufacture model, it is also marked SEMI, I just sold a 6920 Defense lower that was marked SAFE. Looks like SEMI marked ones were built at the same plant as the military models before Colt branched to 2 factories, Manufacture/Defense. Best I can come up with. Seems that the SEMI marked ones are the rarest, kinda like it.
Billy
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:56:00 PM EDT
I have a LE6920 purchased in 1999, also marked safe/semi. I don't know the year they switched, but I "think" someone once said there are date codes on the barrel near the barrel nut, I don't have the rifle with me to check. You might try the Colt threads in the Industry Forum for more information.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:30:57 PM EDT
My LE6920 made in 2005 is marked SAFE and FIRE.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:08:20 PM EDT
My LE6920

Stamped with "Colt's Manufacturing" not "Colt Defense"
Stamped SAFE and SEMI - I also noticed that I do not have a front sight base with an F stamped on it.

The LE6920's are more desireable from a collectors point of view stamped with Colt's Manufacturing. Quite a few people here think that once the company split that they do not put the time they used to into the QC of the rifles -.
Top Top