Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/3/2006 2:39:53 PM EDT
Have a friend with the sheriff's office here looking for a factory 14.5" light barrel for duty carry.

She wants to have the pinned phantom for non-NFA status. She wants to have a short as possible title 1 rifle. M4 profile is not an option.

Problem is, it has to come from an approved vendor and be factory or factory modded from the factory.

Some approved vendors are ASA, Colt, Bushmaster, Rock Island, DPMS, Oly, EA, FN (never happen), PWA, etc.

Armalite, Cav and newer vendors are not on the list.

One option is that she order it, get the barrel modded locally and be hush hush about it. I doubt the armorers would even know the difference.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:11:08 PM EDT
CMMG

but I doubt they are on approved list yet

Wahts up with the regulations?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:42:43 PM EDT
IM sent - some ideas from a deputy sheriff in AZ who did the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:56:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2006 5:57:56 PM EDT by rtech]
JMH,

IM inbound. Thanks for the info!

Looks like it's going to be a chopped and refit barrel. I think we can pull it off. I was considering the same thing a little while back for an SP1 CAR. Looks like I'm selling it off though.

Thanks for all the replies

Alan
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:34:36 PM EDT
colt makes a 14.5" pencil barrel. IIRC they are 1/7 twist and chrome lined. again IIRC people were saying SAW Sales for them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:45:57 PM EDT
Or get an M4 profile barrel and have the portion in front of the FSB reprofiled down to be even with the M203 cutout, and reparked... and just be hush about it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:59:37 AM EDT
cmmg's lw bbls. are heavy bbls. turned down to light profile.

jtdistributing shows a listing for 14.5 lw .625 bbl. in their catolog
Top Top