Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 6:20:52 PM EDT
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=22

Does this look like a good deal? I want an AR but I don't wanna spend $800 plus. Is Olypmic Arms a good company? Do they make quality stuff?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:47:07 PM EDT
I have never owned an Oly, so until someone with firsthand knowlege speaks up I will tell you that the countless posts I have read about them is that they are mediocre at best as far as quality and reliability. Hard to beat that price and a lifetime warranty, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT
I have owned and continue to own 2.. Both are great rifles.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:44:43 PM EDT
Oly gets a bad rap. They make decent rifles. The finish isn't the nicest, but it works. I am sure one would serve you well, but I would look into building your own or putting two complete halves together. You could put a complete Stag upper on a complete Stag lower for around $700, and you will have a nicer rifle than an Oly, or even RRA, Bushmaster, etc.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:51:30 PM EDT
Excellent. I've been really hoping for another "Is Olympic any good" thread. That said, I own an OA-93 carbine and have had nothing but good experience with it. The lifetime warranty is very nice even though you probably won't have to use it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:33:06 PM EDT
I have an oly Stainless ultra match upper and a bushie lower, and it works flawlessly. oly makes a great product. life time warrenty and it will most likely never be needed, hell i live like 2 hours away from them, I like their reps that go to the local gun shows, they are great to talk to and usually have a complete a1 siting on the table for under $500
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:01:27 PM EDT
My buddy has a Olympic Arms, and as far as I know, he has yet to have any problems with it what so ever. I've shot it a mulitude of times, and its never malfunctioned on me. Seems to be a solid, well built weapon, especially for the price.

Scout
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:13:21 AM EDT
I like most of there stuff. I have a Oly lower on my .50 Beo. Wulf. The only thing that I did not like was the lower parts were sloppy. The safety was sloppy and some of the springs were not coiled just right. After I ordered a Colt lower parts kit for it, I also noticed the springs on the colt were coated or parkerized and the Oly stuff was shiny uncoated.
Top Top