Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:03:47 PM EDT
Just what is the big deal?  Stag/CMT and RRA have the enhanced BC.  DPMS is standard, and so is my Colt Elite.  I've read the advertisments, but I am uncertain as to the truth.  From personal experiences, is there a difference in function between the two types?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both, I  notice no real difference
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The only big plus I have noticed is that the notched hammer of the AR15 tends to occasionally grab the firing pin collar of the firing pin during cycling. If you have an M16 firing pin with a slightly larger collar, it will almost certainly grab it.

The firing pin shroud on the enhanced carriers solves this issue nicely without having to put an M16 hammer in the lower.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#3]
my 1/2 circle non shrouded pos Colt carrier bends the firing pin retaing pin to the point where you cant put the dam pin back in the carrier. Switched the carrier to a shrouded one and no more bent pins.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:26:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm with Gregory_K

Just having a shrouded version is enough

But I have heard that chromed models are far easier to clean since surfaces are smooth, and the carbon is visible.

I suppose a chromed carrier with shrouded pin would be considered enhanced enough

eta:  See: Les Baer, LMT, and older Colt models.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have both, I  notice no real difference

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:42:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
my 1/2 circle non shrouded pos Colt carrier bends the firing pin retaing pin to the point where you cant put the dam pin back in the carrier. Switched the carrier to a shrouded one and no more bent pins.

+1

I get bent FP retaining pins but not to the extent that they become unserviceable.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top