I got an RRA Entry Tactical not too long ago and I've got some questions/concerns that the internet couldn't really answer.
- I took it out of the box without cleaning it (I know, I know) and shot about 100 rounds.
- I clean it after every trip to the range (nearly every weekend, probably 100-200 rounds each time) and lube everything.
- I did not follow any type of barrel break in procedure but I figured that since I have a chrome barrel it would break in if I shot it enough.
- I can get some good groups with irons at 100 yards (for a newbie) but I'm aiming a little low. How much will one click of the front sight post bring up the point of aim in MOA (on an A2 post)?
- What's a simple way I can boresight it when I put on a scope without many tools? I'm currently using the "stabilize it, look through the barrel and line it up with the crosshairs" method.
I love the gun so far, in my opinion it is worth every penny. I don't know ARs that well though so obviously I don't know firsthand how it really compares to the others.
What do you guys think? I've probably put about 1000 rounds through it since I got it. Should I scrub the barrel? Sorry for these questions, I'm just concerned about my baby h.gif
Thanks for the help, this forum was one of my main sources of information when I was choosing which AR to get.
Just about 2" with the carbine. It's 1.25" for the rifle (20" barrel)
That is the simplest method - unless you have a laser boresight tool.
RRA is a good brand, you should be happy with it.
Every 1K-2K rounds I use copper remove in my barrel. Otherwise it's a couple passes of the bore snake and put the rifle back in the rack.