Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:59:21 AM EDT
I got an RRA Entry Tactical not too long ago and I've got some questions/concerns that the internet couldn't really answer.

- I took it out of the box without cleaning it (I know, I know) and shot about 100 rounds.

- I clean it after every trip to the range (nearly every weekend, probably 100-200 rounds each time) and lube everything.

- I did not follow any type of barrel break in procedure but I figured that since I have a chrome barrel it would break in if I shot it enough.

- I can get some good groups with irons at 100 yards (for a newbie) but I'm aiming a little low. How much will one click of the front sight post bring up the point of aim in MOA (on an A2 post)?

- What's a simple way I can boresight it when I put on a scope without many tools? I'm currently using the "stabilize it, look through the barrel and line it up with the crosshairs" method.

I love the gun so far, in my opinion it is worth every penny. I don't know ARs that well though so obviously I don't know firsthand how it really compares to the others.

What do you guys think? I've probably put about 1000 rounds through it since I got it. Should I scrub the barrel? Sorry for these questions, I'm just concerned about my baby h.gif

Thanks for the help, this forum was one of my main sources of information when I was choosing which AR to get.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:08:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I- I can get some good groups with irons at 100 yards (for a newbie) but I'm aiming a little low. How much will one click of the front sight post bring up the point of aim in MOA (on an A2 post)?

Just about 2" with the carbine.  It's 1.25" for the rifle (20" barrel)

- What's a simple way I can boresight it when I put on a scope without many tools? I'm currently using the "stabilize it, look through the barrel and line it up with the crosshairs" method.

That is the simplest method - unless you have a laser boresight tool.

I love the gun so far, in my opinion it is worth every penny. I don't know ARs that well though so obviously I don't know firsthand how it really compares to the others.

RRA is a good brand, you should be happy with it.

What do you guys think? I've probably put about 1000 rounds through it since I got it. Should I scrub the barrel?

Every 1K-2K rounds I use copper remove in my barrel.   Otherwise it's a couple passes of the bore snake and put the rifle back in the rack.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top