Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:30:43 PM EDT
I'm planning on getting a short barrel upper sometime this spring but I have a misdemeanor on my record for Driving without insurance from a few years ago.

Would that have any affect on getting approval from BATF? Or should I seek to get that exsponged first?

'thx
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:37:22 PM EDT
If you can buy a pistol you can own NFA (providing your state allows NFA weapons).

You are good to go.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 9:15:26 PM EDT by eklikwhoa]

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
If you can buy a pistol you can own NFA (providing your state allows NFA weapons).

You are good to go.

you would think so...

since turning legal age i have bought 7pistols and a buttload of rifles including ar's and lowers. one day i decided i needed my chl and went through the process, a year and a half later was when i was finally approved the incident in question? class c misdemeanor three years prior.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:18:03 PM EDT
Hmm. Legally it should not be an issue, but BATFE ATF branch seems to drag ass for a multitude of reasons....
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:20:20 PM EDT
i called the chl people and they told me exactly what and why the delay what stumped me was in the class i was told that none of that should have mattered in determining approval.

but despite that delay im setting up to file for a sbr and suppressor later this year
Top Top