Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:33:07 PM EDT
Evening gents

Just wanted to float an idea past you guys. I've an M4 profile upper from RRA that has a heavy bbl. It's 16in with their faux f/h. I wanted to make a HD rifle so I figured I'd have the bbl profiled down to A1 profile for weight savings. I'd also like it to be cut down to 16oal including a krink f/h. I'm not sure how long the KFH is but that is the end goal. Does anyone see any downside to all this? It will be a collapsible, I've an extra preban lower laying around. Thanks guys

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:35:29 PM EDT
Why go LW with a heavy weight FS on the end that isn't designed for a 14" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
^^^
My sentiments exactly. With 16" of barrel, an A2 flash suppressor will do ya just fine, a Vortex or Phantom will work even better. And if price is not object (The KFH isnt exactly cheap, neither is barrel turning) just get a whole 'nother AR!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:42:45 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice. I just figured KFH because of the shooting indoors issue... Well you know what they say about a fool and his money. Phantom or Vortex it is...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:43:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 0612Devil:
Evening gents

Just wanted to float an idea past you guys. I've an M4 profile upper from RRA that has a heavy bbl. It's 16in with their faux f/h. I wanted to make a HD rifle so I figured I'd have the bbl profiled down to A1 profile for weight savings. I'd also like it to be cut down to 16oal including a krink f/h. I'm not sure how long the KFH is but that is the end goal. Does anyone see any downside to all this? It will be a collapsible, I've an extra preban lower laying around. Thanks guys

Semper Fi

I can't get a grip on the lightweight - heavy duty concept myself.

I'd go a SOCOM or AFGAN 14.5" with a permanent Krink or something similar.

Danny
Top Top