Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 3:33:07 PM EDT
Evening gents

Just wanted to float an idea past you guys.  I've an M4 profile upper from RRA that has a heavy bbl.  It's 16in with their faux f/h.  I wanted to make a HD rifle so I figured I'd have the bbl profiled down to A1 profile for weight savings.  I'd also like it to be cut down to 16oal including a krink f/h.  I'm not sure how long the KFH is but that is the end goal.  Does anyone see any downside to all this?  It will be a collapsible, I've an extra preban lower laying around.  Thanks guys

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why go LW with a heavy weight FS on the end that isn't designed for a 14" barrel?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^
My sentiments exactly. With 16" of barrel, an A2 flash suppressor will do ya just fine, a Vortex or Phantom will work even better. And if price is not object (The KFH isnt exactly cheap, neither is barrel turning) just get a whole 'nother AR!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice.  I just figured KFH because of the shooting indoors issue...  Well you know what they say about a fool and his money.  Phantom or Vortex it is...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Evening gents

Just wanted to float an idea past you guys.  I've an M4 profile upper from RRA that has a heavy bbl.  It's 16in with their faux f/h.  I wanted to make a HD rifle so I figured I'd have the bbl profiled down to A1 profile for weight savings.  I'd also like it to be cut down to 16oal including a krink f/h.  I'm not sure how long the KFH is but that is the end goal.  Does anyone see any downside to all this?  It will be a collapsible, I've an extra preban lower laying around.  Thanks guys

Semper Fi

I can't get a grip on the lightweight - heavy duty concept myself.

I'd go a SOCOM or AFGAN 14.5" with a permanent Krink or something similar.

Danny
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top