Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 1:30:50 PM EDT
Hi,
I am new to the AR.com forum.  I used this forum to make my decision in buying my first AR-15.
Lots of great info and I thank everyone for their info.  After weighing all the info I now own a Bushmaster A-2.  This is what was good for me.

Anyway, I read on several of the topics about loose fitting upper and lower recievers on the bushmasters.  I see, after going through my new catalog from Bushy that they have a fix for this.
In their 2005 V1 catalog, on page 24.  Its called the "ACCU-WEDGE" for $5.95.  The part number is ACU-1B.  It states in the catalog that there is no mods and easy to install.  It eliminates play between the two halfs for a more solid feel. And it also buffers the cycling system to reduce wear on the impacting surfaces.

Just thought I would pass that out for all to see.  Hope this helps,  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
the accuwedge does nothing to "buffer the cycling system" of an AR.

they've been around a while and although they do not "enhance accuracy" they do remove the slop between the upper and lower.  

not necessary, but lots of people like their upper and lower to fit tightly.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
the only thing the wedge does it take the slop out of the upper/ lower reciever fitment.

and the title of this thread is misleading.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this something that a Bushy AR would need with a lot of rounds through it later in it life?  
And what would be a better title for this thread?  I do not want to mislead anybody.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is this something that a Bushy AR would need with a lot of rounds through it later in it life?  
And what would be a better title for this thread?  I do not want to mislead anybody.

title:  "Accuwedge removes slop from loose fitting upper and lower"

your current title leads someone to believe that you own a Bushmaster Ar and the upper and lower are sloppily fit.

at that's what i thought when i clicked on it.

No, you don't "need" an accuwedge.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the clarification on this.  
I was trying to generize my topic.
Just trying to help others.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
use the search function, browse around.

there are plenty of thread discussing the accu-wedge along with a lot of other gadgets and what not that are offered for the ar15.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Disregard, you may want to stick to posting info you have first hand knowledge of.

While you are trying to help, it can be arough crowd here at times, and hands on info is always better than posting something you have only read about.  Don't sweat it, it happens all the time here.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:46:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Someday I will find an upper reciever that fits snugly to my Bushy lower, without having to give my rifle a wedgie.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Someday I will find an upper reciever that fits snugly to my Bushy lower, without having to give my rifle a wedgie.

my factory BM rifle is rock solid.  Well, not as solid as when it was new, but it's still very solid.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top