Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:04:39 PM EDT
Only thing is, he does not want to do anything to the barrel.  (Don't know why)

So far, I am gonna go with the Ace stock, and a carbon fiber ff tube, with a new gas block, and an A-3 upper.  He is also getting a jp trigger and an aimpoint 2x scope.  Any other ideas?

Thanks

BTW, he gave me $1200 to do it.  (Returning any left over money)

TXL
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
gonna be only slight reduction in weight without lightening the bbl.

whatever you plan on doing to the upper is going to be negated by the optics and what not so i dont see any point in it. along with mounts, sights, and so on theres gonna be more weight added.
also the 2x aimpoint kinda sucks so stick with the std or go with something else.

what i would do is probably this.

govt profile bbl.
compact acog
c7/a1 upper
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:56:58 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can't take any weight off the front of the rifle, it will start to feel really front heavy as you take weight off the rear.

The rifle won't be much fun to shoot if it's really front heavy because it will be so imbalanced.

I would try to convince your buddy to let you get the barrel profiled by ADCO or get a Gov't profile barrel.

This will balance the rifle out and make it feel a lot better than an HBAR.

Just my $.02

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you can't take any weight off the front of the rifle, it will start to feel really front heavy as you take weight off the rear.

The rifle won't be much fun to shoot if it's really front heavy because it will be so imbalanced.

I would try to convince your buddy to let you get the barrel profiled by ADCO or get a Gov't profile barrel.

This will balance the rifle out and make it feel a lot better than an HBAR.

Just my $.02

WIZZO

+1  A nose heavy HBAR wouldn't be much fun to shoot.

Changing the barrel to a Govt Profile will have more of an effect than changing the stock/receiver/handguards combined.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
He can build a kick'n rifle for less than 1200 and keep the one he has to boot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Just profile the barrel or get a new one.  Save the money.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top