Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:59:35 AM EDT
Hello,
My best friend personally knows the Assistant Director of the Firearms Division of CA Dept of Justice. This post is to inform the Californians here of what I've learned of the new lower receiver list update.

They have compiled a list of lower receivers, and the DOJ has had about ~10 agents attending CA gun shows. The list has been submitted to the Attorney General for consideration, and it is his call at this point when/if the list gets updated.

The AG is going to realize that updating the list means lots of new assault weapon registrations. We'll see if he decides to do this, or decides to ask for new legislation that would ban AR15 by something other than make/model (i.e., lower receiver dimensions)

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:01:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 9:02:00 AM EDT by cfek9]
i say ban california for being a communist state
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:18:02 AM EDT
One way or another, unless they do a forced confiscation of all registered and unregistered AR-series weapons in the state, these lowers are going to be put on the list.

Whats worse is that since all the new receivers are DROS'd with the general classification of "long gun", the only people they would be able to confiscate from would be the people who originally registered their AW's. For everyone else, they won't know the difference between a Mossberg 500, AR-15, or 10/22 since they all DROS the same.

This is yet another reason that we need to get as many signatures as possible on the RKBA petition to get a 2nd amendment added to the CA constitution, or at least get it on the ballot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:44:36 AM EDT

The AG is going to realize that updating the list means lots of new assault weapon registrations.

He's also going to have to realize that NOT shutting the so-called "loophole" and opening registration will allow the importation of many many thousands more of these evil things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:43:28 PM EDT
Top Top