Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:53:08 AM EDT
so? what is wrong with them? besides not being "mil-spec"?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#1]
from the many threads here discussing them the majority of those critical cite the material failures, and the fact it just isn't a traditional AR.

It is a hard sell to get those who have had a generation of success with the forged aluminum receivers to "go plastic"

They do not save much weight, and they are not much different in price - if any.

I suppose it is different, made with inferior materials, and offers no advantages over a proven product
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I have seen two with cracked receivers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#3]
They're like carbon fiber bayonets, weak and worthles...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
are we talking Bushy carbon rifles in relation to failures people mentioned or are we talking Professional ordnance,vulcan/hesse?...I think its singapore that uses carbon model #4s now..there was a hilartious thread that was photoshopped to death it was hilarious but they were carrying carbon ARs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it just carbon fiber lowers?  I've shot several of the CavArms polymer lower guns and have yet to hear of a problem with them.  I've been wanting to pick up one of their lowers in Coyote Tan for months now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
i am wondering what the downfalls i always hear of are in the bushmaster carbon fiber uppers and lowers.

like this riflewww.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/az-c15m4pre.asp
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top