Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/29/2006 11:53:08 AM EDT
so? what is wrong with them? besides not being "mil-spec"?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:16:20 PM EDT
from the many threads here discussing them the majority of those critical cite the material failures, and the fact it just isn't a traditional AR.

It is a hard sell to get those who have had a generation of success with the forged aluminum receivers to "go plastic"

They do not save much weight, and they are not much different in price - if any.

I suppose it is different, made with inferior materials, and offers no advantages over a proven product
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:53:46 PM EDT
I have seen two with cracked receivers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:55:44 PM EDT
They're like carbon fiber bayonets, weak and worthles...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:33:00 PM EDT
are we talking Bushy carbon rifles in relation to failures people mentioned or are we talking Professional ordnance,vulcan/hesse?...I think its singapore that uses carbon model #4s now..there was a hilartious thread that was photoshopped to death it was hilarious but they were carrying carbon ARs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
Is it just carbon fiber lowers? I've shot several of the CavArms polymer lower guns and have yet to hear of a problem with them. I've been wanting to pick up one of their lowers in Coyote Tan for months now.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:37:32 PM EDT
i am wondering what the downfalls i always hear of are in the bushmaster carbon fiber uppers and lowers.

like this riflewww.bushmaster.com/shopping/Carbon15/az-c15m4pre.asp
Top Top