Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:56:57 PM EDT
Looking for a front flip up sight for my flat top.  I have a acog on it and the front post is in the sight picture ( not bad) but I don't care for it.  Also, how much trouble is it to remove the front post?
anything I should know before taking it off to install a flip up front sight?

Thanks,
szst8h
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmasters tend to be a pain in the ass when it comes to knocking out the pins. All I can say is have a good punch and BFH ready.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Never owned one but PRI's battle sight looks good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like the PRI sight - the round hood around the post gives you an extra reference point that lines up fast and easy. The downside is adjusting the front post can be a pain in the ass at times. My A2 sight tool won't clear the hood so you have to use a bullet tip to adjust.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:56:41 AM EDT
[#4]
PRI's are really nice. I've got one one my 6.8 upper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:06:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the opportunity for the FSB pins to be a real PIA.  I also like the PRI, but money dictated my purchase and I am not unhappy.  I used a YHM shaved gas block and put their flip front sight on the foreend.  I have also used their railed gas blocks with their flip sight on them.  For the money I really like YHM.  I don't care for their rear sights though.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]
pri crossbolt
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top