Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 7:05:09 PM EDT
www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/17_SIGHTS_GAS_BLOCKS/PRI-FUP-RMF

Does it lay back toward the receiver and flip forward toward the muzzle as does its big brother?

www.mountsplus.com/miva/merchant.mvc?page=MSP/PROD/FLIP_UP_SIGHTS/PRI-FUP-002

i.e. slanted edge of lower sight body/mount screws towards muzzle?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#1]

The sight is designed to lay forward in the down position.

From the web site description...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I read that bro but I have seen it mounted both ways.

Wasn't really sure that their use of the word "forward" actually meant towards the muzzle.

Seems to me it would be more ergonomic and fast to flip it forward with the thumb than to flip it backward.

I was also looking at the adjustment slot in the hood.

On the standard PRI flip up ... it flips forward ... correct? Adjustment slot to the front ...

Why make this one flip bass ackwards from that one?

Also seems like if it was laying out there flipped forward on a woodland op, it would hang stuff and always be flipping up into the locked position.

Just thinking aloud here pal.

Go easy
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm with you on this... not trying to be a wise ass (for a change) but I was wondering the same thing, the description says to flip it down, towards the muzzle, but it seem from Fung Shooey point of view that you would want it laying down back, towards the rear?

Hey, ask them to send you one for field testing!

peace bro
k
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:47:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an Eberlestock pack (gun slinger). It would be getting drug in and out of it.

Figured it would hang up ...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top