Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
like the title says...any good point and bad points to consider when replacing orig parts with titanium coated bolt, firing pin and macfarland one-piece gas ring?...i have them but have'nt installed them yet, trying to get some feedback...thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:59:04 PM EDT
if you dont want to install them, you could always just send them to me
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:32:58 PM EDT
The only reason to add a lighter firing pin is to decrease lock time, and in an AR the major component of lock time is hammer fall time, so don't waste your money.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:47:13 PM EDT
I would sell the firing pin to someone who thinks they are neat.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:53:14 PM EDT
Stay with the original parts.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 8:11:45 PM EDT by shamayim]

Originally Posted By gmtmaster:
Stay with the original parts.

+1,2,3,4,5------

Firing pin is a broken piece waiting to happen, and the bolt won't do a damn thing a stock bolt won't do equally well. The Macfarland gas rings are OK I've been told, but I wouldn't bother installing it until and unless your stock rings wear out or one breaks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:08:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By USAF_Hop_N_Pop:
if you dont want to install them, you could always just send them to me

not surprised...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:39:46 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies...I've decided to just keep em as emergency spares.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:24:06 AM EDT
i would have bought two std parts for each stupertactical crap and had two spares
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:54:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
I would sell the firing pin to someone who thinks they are neat.

But paint it black first so it will be tactical...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:27:14 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KNIGHTENFORCER:
like the title says...any good point and bad points to consider when replacing orig parts with titanium coated bolt, firing pin and macfarland one-piece gas ring?...i have them but have'nt installed them yet, trying to get some feedback...thanks!

I know from experience that the titanium firing pins are to brittle. My broke in like the first 1500 rounds or something. I personally would not trust the bolt being titanium but either way you would always have your originals for a backup. As for the macfarland rings...those work great and have had zero issues with them. I would install those but be careful with the titanium parts.
Top Top