Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:57:23 PM EDT
I want to get a government profile barrel for my Bushmaster 20" A2 but I'm worried I will lose accuracy. I use it for target shooting and as a carry rifle in the woods on my grandfathers land. Do you think I would miss the weight?

-What is the difference in accuracy between an HBAR and a Government Profile Barrel?
-Is a Governement Profile Barrel worth it?
-Where is a good place to get my HBAR cut down? ADCO?

Sorry about having so many questions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My gov profile is not as accurate as my h-bar and strings the group quite a bit as it heats up. The difference in weight and handling is much better though. Both 20". I felt my H-bar was to heavy when I first built it but after getting used to it and shooting it I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#2]
One other question. Under rapid fire conditions, is it easier to control with an HBAR or gov't profile? I figure the gov't profile would have a little more recoil but would be easier to control because of the weight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
anyone?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
anyone?

I changed out the barrel from a HBAR to a government profile.  My groups opened up slightly.  However SimplyDynamic used a government profile bushmaster to make some amazing shots during the battle of al Najaf in Iraq.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
One other question. Under rapid fire conditions, is it easier to control with an HBAR or gov't profile? I figure the gov't profile would have a little more recoil but would be easier to control because of the weight.

With an HBAR your rifle will be front heavy.  With the gov profile your weapon will be more balanced and thus will be easier to use.  I find that the gov. profile is easier to control while in a standing or kneeling.  The HBAR rules on the bench.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I (A.) just go ahead and get ADCO to cut my HBAR down to a Government Profile? or (B.) I plan on making an A4gery. Should I just get that in Government Profile and see how I like it and then decide what to do to the HBAR on my current AR?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
B
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for B

You already have an HBAR. Why get another of the same?? I currently have a HBAR, and my gov't upper is on its way. Both have their uses. My HBAR shoots .5-1 MOA w/ everything I feed it, and my gov't will be strictly for hunting.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top