Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:03:17 PM EDT
I cant make up my mind so maybe I can get a little here, I'm trying to choose some lowers but cant decide between CMT/Stag, LMT, or RRA. Whats the difference as in color, little things like price? I see LMTs for about 330.00 Where CMT/Stag is about 220.00. Who would you order from any recomendations there are a crap load on the EE.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:06:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mstennes:
I cant make up my mind so maybe I can get a little here, I'm trying to choose some lowers but cant decide between CMT/Stag, LMT, or RRA. Whats the difference as in color, little things like price? I see LMTs for about 330.00 Where CMT/Stag is about 220.00. Who would you order from any recomendations there are a crap load on the EE.
Thanks,
Mike

Most of the DEALERS in EE are stand up people. I would order from 90% of them without hessitation. As fora lower receiver I personally can't think of one being sold that you mention that I wouldnt buy. I like both Stag/RRA/DPMS/Bushmater Basically you should be able to get a lower for $100 or less stripped.... I havent bought one in a while so IDK who has the best deals right now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:13:40 PM EDT
Nothing wrong with the following Lowers/Dealers IMO.....

RBPresision - Superior Arms Lower

CMMG Lowers

Teknic - Mega Lowers

Legal Transfers - RRA

HG112 - Stag Lowers

And thats really just the tip of the iceberg. Basically IMO it comes down to service from the dealer.... Images that you like on the side , Price you are looking to spend (If you have deep pockets and only want the best go for it, if you like to spend your money wisely go for a quality mega lower or similar). They are all good products for the money just imo I think you are coming out better by buying the cheaper products in this case.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/26/2006 8:15:50 PM EDT by SelectFire]
ADCO has RRA lowers (with internals) for around $175
www.adcofirearms.com/rockriver/rockriver.cfm?page=rra
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:13:50 PM EDT
Who makes CMMG's lowers?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:03:29 PM EDT

Who makes CMMG's lowers?

LAR or CMT ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:34:51 AM EDT
bushmaster
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:40:21 AM EDT
So there top notch then?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:50:29 AM EDT
BUSHMASTER!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:22:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 7:24:26 AM EDT by ogcujo]

Originally Posted By jcovercash:

Most of the DEALERS in EE are stand up people.

My advice to you... Buy it company direct, pay the extra cash to save on hastle!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:27:33 AM EDT
What about Cav Arms? (let the flaming begin.....)
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:00:06 AM EDT
I have Bushys I just wanted something different this time around, I love CMT but I'm not quite sure I want a Buck on the side.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:17:35 AM EDT
First off, I would not recommend you buy a complete lower. Lowers are easy to assemble and can almost always be built cheaper then bought complete. That would rule out the LMT (with LMT roll marks) because you can only buy them complete. But if you want an LMT lower, you can buy a Lauer or PWA as they are made by LMT but can be bought "stripped".

Out of your list, I would buy an RRA lower. RRA lowers are made by CMT as well so the only difference you're likely to see between an RRA and Stag lower is the rollmark. Even though RRA stripped lowers typically sell for ~$20 more, the Stag rollmark bothers me enough that I would gladly pay the extra $20 for the RRA. If you don't care about the rollmark and\or are on a tight budget, get the Stag. Based on my experience (2 RRAs and 1 PWA(LMT) lowers), CMT lowers are nicer then LMT's.

LAR makes some really nice lowers (BM "L" series, DPMS and Grizzly) but the problem for me is the BM's are over priced IMO, the DPMS's have a Teflon finish that I do not like and the Grizzly's roll mark is as butt ugly as the Stag and some (all?) of them have the same Teflon finish as the DPMS lowers.

Factoring everything in (quality, price, availability, aesthetics) RRA's are my all-around favorite.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:22:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 8:27:18 AM EDT by cgv69]

Originally Posted By ogcujo:

Originally Posted By jcovercash:

Most of the DEALERS in EE are stand up people.

My advice to you... Buy it company direct, pay the extra cash to save on hastle!

What the fuck have you been smoking? You better lay the crack pipe down and get out of here with that bullshit!

Only an ignorant non-FFL who doesn't know his ass from his elbow would order a lower from the manufacturer direct. There are a number of dealers on the EE that will get you what you want quicker, cheaper and with a lot better service then any of the "manufacturers" could ever dream about.

PS - Just because you have had problems with a dealer on the EE (trust me, there are one or two that I don't much care for either) does not give you the right to slam them all or give out ignorant so-called "advice"
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:39:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 8:49:16 AM EDT by ogcujo]

Originally Posted By cgv69:
quicker, cheaper and with a lot better service then any of the "manufacturers" could ever dream about.

Ummm? I DON"T THINK SO!

What the fuck have you been smoking? You better lay the crack pipe down and get out of here with that bullshit!

PS tell your wife to polish my knob, then I'll think about letting it go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:58:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 8:59:05 AM EDT by JosephR]

quicker, cheaper and with a lot better service then any of the "manufacturers" could ever dream about.

Ummm? I DON"T THINK SO!

Your life here will be short-lived with that cockholster of yours!!! Not to mention the stupid attitude...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:17:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 9:30:56 AM EDT by ogcujo]

Originally Posted By JosephR:
Your life here will be short-lived with that cockholster of yours!!! Not to mention the stupid attitude...

Short lived, as in kicked out of AR15.com? No, I don't think so buddy, unlike you, I'm not looking for acceptance. I've been hear for a day or two. So you can take your statement and stick it ^ your... lol you know the rest. I know you've been wanting to use the "cockholster" since you heard it, but you shouldn't have done it now.

If Mr. Varas hadn't tried to be funny, he wouldn't have had to get his feelings hurt, and have you come to his rescue. Besides he's 37 years old, he should act like it.

PS. Mr. Varas, tell your boyfriend that its ok, this is just a forum.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:05:13 AM EDT

Ummm? I DON"T THINK SO!

It's almost funny how little pussys like you act so brave on the Internet? Well you found my name (not that it's a secret or hard to do) so find my address and come on over. I'm be glad to take care of your needs anytime you fucking punk ass BITCH!
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:28:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 11:31:30 AM EDT by WanganKin]

Thanks,
Mike

Lauers "dura"coat sucks. Far from durable... you can get equal adheasion from krylon... Aside fromthat the receiver is awsome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:35:28 AM EDT
sorry but I've used it several times on people better than you. I just thought it was appropriate. It still makes me giggle. You won't hold that against me, will you?

Point being you shouldn't have opened your mouth in this thread in the first place.

How'd you come to the conclusion that there is a better place to get lowers than from dealers on this board?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:54:37 PM EDT
Wow all I wanted was some comparaison info on the different lowers and next thing,....well..... It amazes me how a thread can 180 so fast. I just want to know about fit and finish, I don't want to end up with some POS cast piece or something the finish comes off of in about 6 months. Who spends that extra little on finish machining. At this point now I'm wondering who are the less than desirable dealers, every place has them. I rebuild muscle cars for a hobby and I know different companies who get their product from the same foundry but some have a little better finish, a little extra machine work, a little better fit, you get the idea. As far as prices who cares if its a better product. With time at a premium I would rather have the internals in the receiver. What's a few dollars more when you consider your time. It also leaves my parts bin full.
Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:22:21 PM EDT
Ameetec lowers are cheap and good.
Top Top