Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 3:06:03 PM EDT
hey, i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the bushmaster varminter rifle. http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/lr-24v.asp
i was thinking about maybe, possibly, if the shemale lets me, buying one.  i've heard guys complain about bushmaster triggers before-i don't know if there's any validity to that, so i was just kind of wondering about things like that and any other possible bugs that i'd have to work out if i got one.  any pros and cons you guys have and any additional information you guys had would be much obliged.

jake

edit:yeah i messed up the link-can't remember how to do it-it's been awhile.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:37:53 AM EDT
[#1]
if money is no object go with custom built.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:03:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Stock bushmaster triggers are not the greatest. If that rifle comes w/ a match trigger it will be a vast improvment over stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a varminter aka (Varminator) with the 2 stage trigger.   It shoots penny sized groups at 100yards with bulk ammo from cabelas.   Go for it.  I highly reccommend it.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:39:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I think it look like a good rifle.  If you are concerned about the trigger you can always give it a 5min trigger job, of buy a 2 stage trigger later.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:40:26 AM EDT
[#5]
2 stage trigger comes with the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:12:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had a chance to handle and shoot one.  VERY nice rifle, lighter than I expected and handled well.  Shoots fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks guys, i think that may kind of finalize if for me.  

jake
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Just recently purchased a Bushmaster Varmit rifle, and I am very please with it.  I "lapped" the bore 50 times with bore compound prior to shooting it.  I have found the rifle to favor the BH (blue box) 52gr match ammo.  Once I got her dialed in, worst grouping was 5 shots in a quater at 100 yards, with the best grouping being five shots in a dime at 100 yards.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top