Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:03:31 AM EDT
Building up a new M4 and now it comes time to decide on a buffer.  Is there any benefit to going to a H2 or H3?  Just a semi auto, so slowing the rate of fire is not an issue, just interested in reliability.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The Colt M4 (the real one used by our ,military) uses the H buffer

Many here extol the virtues of H2, H3, or even 9mm buffers for more solid lock up, and claim them to be more reliable as a result of the additional mass/weight

I have had no problems with the H and plan to keep mine that way until I do have issues

Here are 12 pages of discussion on the heavy buffer subject

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Colt M4 (the real one used by our ,military) uses the H buffer

Many here extol the virtues of H2, H3, or even 9mm buffers for more solid lock up, and claim them to be more reliable as a result of the additional mass/weight

I have had no problems with the H and plan to keep mine that way until I do have issues

Here are 12 pages of discussion on the heavy buffer subject

Does our military still use the H buffers with the M4? The reason I'm asking is that I had read some where that they switched to the H2 buffer in the M4... I couldn't verify it as being fact and since this was brought up I figured I would ask...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 16" carbine with an A2 stock and rifle buffer that works just fine.  9mm buffers are about the same weight as rifle buffers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#4]
My LE6920 came with a H2 at least I believe it is ---it has 2 on the carrier face of the buffer.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
All military M4A1 carbines carry an H buffer; H1, H2, H3 buffers are found on Colt AR15s; I strongly suggest, like others here, to install an H buffer. I used one on my AR Build; you can truly feel the difference and the H buffer will ensure proper lockup and cycling.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top