Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 8:19:31 PM EDT
Does RRA offer a fluted barrel?

If I get a RRA complete upper will it accept a flutted BUSHMASTER barrel in the future?  If so will I be required to check headspace?  If headspace is out of spec how would I have it corrected?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't comment on RRA but I have two rifles outfitted with Wilson Combat's 16" flutted barrels. Both shoot great.

http://wilsoncombat.com/r_barrels.asp

for pic:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/UT-15A.jpg

They are expensive though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#2]
hopefully someone from the "uppers barrels and more" forum will wander over here to give us a definite answer but AFAIK RRA does offer fluted or I've at least seen fluted RRA rifles come from dealers on this board.  I suppose they could have been aftermarket barrels installed into RRA rifles or even RRA barrels fluted by the dealer- ADCO can and will do this.

You can easily change out the barrel on the upper to any other barrel you wish.  You should not have to worry about headspace.  From what I understand, the headspacing is done when a barrel extension and barrel are mated together.  As long as you don't do any milling or machining to the barrel or barrel extension you should be ok.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:15:36 PM EDT
[#3]
No.

We flute all our own barrels. RRA does not offer this service.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...what is a "flutted" barrel?     (spelling nazi)
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Painfully obvious plug chainsaw one.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmm...what is a "flutted" barrel?   hr

I think it's similar to a fluted barrel but it has more "fluttes"    thank you for pointing that out... I will go kill my self now.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top