Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 1:09:56 PM EDT
Where can I get a pair of tight fitting M4 handguards?

The ones I have now are very wobbly...

On the last M4gery I had tighter fitting Bushmaster M4 handguards and they did not wobble at all...

Does anyone have any recommendations or links?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The factory Colt handguards on my 6920 are very loose. Some are some aren't, just luck of the draw I guess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster is once again making the M4 handguards.  I just ordered some and they should arrive in about a week.  Glad to hear that the Bushmaster ones you had before had a tight fit, because I was also looking for a tight-fitting set.  Here's the link:  Bushmaster M4 handguards
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Cut and layer pieces of 100 MPH tape to cover the 4 'nubs' on the HG's,
where they fit into the front end cap. It should eliminate most if not all play.

It works on the bottom rail portions of KAC RIS/RAS or similar type
2 piece rail systems as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Do bushmaster M4 handguards have double heat shields and are they really worth $42.00? Seems like you can get other brand (single shield) M4 handguards for about half the price.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
You sir, are a paragon on this site.

At a glance, I thought you misspelled "lose."  Now I see you actually, quite correctly used the word "loose," which is a very pleasant sight on this site.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do bushmaster M4 handguards have double heat shields and are they really worth $42.00? Seems like you can get other brand (single shield) M4 handguards for about half the price.

I did a search in the archives and I'm not sure either way.  It seems that Bushmaster produced ones with both single and double heat shields.  I'll post a mini-review and some photos when I receive the ones I ordered.  According to the tracking info, I should receive them on 1/30/06.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

At a glance, I thought you misspelled "lose."  Now I see you actually, quite correctly used the word "loose," which is a very pleasant sight on this site.

I hear you!  Besides lose/loose, their/they're is also popular.  Lately, what has been really aggravating me is reticule.  That must be the country version of reticle.  Actually, a reticule is a small woman's handbag.  How do they get that inside of an ACOG?  

Ok, sorry for getting off topic.  Rant off.  Carry on...  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You forgot a comma both after" You" and "correctly".

Also, you shouldn't have put the period or comma into the parenthesis.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:11:27 AM EDT
[#10]
use guys just aint goin to learn how to read on ar15.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#11]
..........a little bit of clear (permatex) silicone.....in the right places...can work miracles....let it dry good.....also can be removed easily if the time comes.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
where they fit into the front end cap. It should eliminate most if not all play.

I’ve used a similar method as IronBalaclava’s but instead of tape I used thin pieces of inner tube. Tightened things right up!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've used that aluminium speed tape exactly like QUIB says and it worked very well.
Still growing strong a couple of years later. And it's not affected by heat.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:43:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You forgot a comma both after" You" and "correctly".

Also, you shouldn't have put the period or comma into the parenthesis.

Thanks.

I don't want to be a punctuation nazi (you started it! ), but those are called quotation marks and the American English convention is to put periods and/or commas inside the closing quotation mark.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I also don't like movement in my HGs.
I have had good results with JB Weld.
On the slip/delta ring end of the HG apply the JB in the grooves that mate to the bbl. nut put a layer of sandwich wrap over the JB Weld so you won't glue the HGs to the rifle, assemble and let it set, then remove the wrap and clean up excess.
You can also use the same process on the mounting tabs that fit uder the HG cap at the front.
Did it on triangle HG that were loose and didn't mate properly still tight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
It appears only Colt M4 handguards use double heatshields and cost $40-$50 a pair, about the same price or more than FFHGs.

The CAR handguards have single heatshields and are $10-$20 a pair, and there are also M4 handguards that are single heatshielded at $20 a pair.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top