BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:42:24 AM EDT
[#1]
a cheap airsoft for sure but what about these?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/9745/25do.jpg

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/6743/hela29uh.jpg

there are some few bits that gives them away, so is it airsoft or the real Mccoy
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm gonna say Krink is real, M16 is fake.

wait- they're both fake...I mean real!

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The krink is real... maybe.

the M16 is airsoft
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
All you guys saying its fake and nothing else, what makes you think its fake? I really dont give a rats ass either way, but your making a judgement without any supporting facts. So why is is a fake?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do airsoft manufacturers pay for the rights to use logos like Colt or Armalite or in this case Knight's?  Just curious.  MJD

In general, no, they don't pay for the rights to use logos. When they are imported into the use, the trademarks are either coverd with tape/putty, or dremeled off.

That said, Armalite, Smith & Wesson, Olympic Arms, and a few others I can't remember (not Colt or KAC though) have sold rights to allow other companies to make/import airsoft replicas of their products with the appropriate logos.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I would say the Krink is fake for sure.  The carrier appears to fill up the back of the receiver.  Also the charge handle appears a little too straight, though I'm not nearly as familiar w/ AKs, especially Krinks to say for sure.  I'm sticking with fake though for the carrier size alone.  Is it me or does the button for the stock look fishy too?

The M4 I can't really tell for sure, would be easier with a pic of the other side.  That pin above the selector looks suspect to me.  Looks too big to be an auto sear, and too high to be a Colt's sear block; also the texture and its level of protrusion look odd.  Oh yeah, that's not an LMT SOPMOD stock.  It lacks checkering and the LMT logo on the latch handle.

Now that I think about it, all the LPK on the M4 look suspect, especially the mag catch.  And there's ZERO wear on the brass deflector.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised nobody has made a contest out of this sort of thing... Real of Airsoft? A set of 10 pictures, ID the fakes and give supporting evidence. Sounds like I good contest. I'd do it but I don't have access to enough of either to make it worth anyone's effort.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#8]
The Krink is FAKE.

The rivets and cocking handle have been painted or patina'd to look worn.  The silver "wear" on the sides of the receiver has been airbrushed on and more black was added over that because too much silver was added in the first place.

The handguards have been made to look much more worn than the rifle.  

The mag dimples seem to be worn a little too much- part of what i was saying about too much silver in that area.  

the finish on the lower edge of the selector has been worn from use but there is no groove worn in the receiver- that will happen with the first flip of the lever.

I don't like the dark spring on the port cover.  Picture is too crappy for anything else.  

That 74SU was definitely made to be a collector's piece and a lot of time was spent on it.  It's not an off-the-shelf airsoft gun but it sure isn't a real AK.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
On the M4, it looks like you can see gas tube... or maybe thats floor through the vents. Either way if someone pointed either of them at me they are going down hard. Shame that you cant tell a difference......  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The latest picture of the M4 variant has a real EOTech and, A.R.M.S. Midlength SIR System. I couldn't be sure on the rear sight, since there are now replicas of those.

Now, for gun itself. It looks real because of the protruding receiver pins. The mag catch looks similar to what real guns use. Most airsoft toys' mag catch have a hex screw on the button. Since this one looks real, it leads to to think of the Japanese company, Systema. www.systema-engineering.com

Systema used to make aftermarket replacement and upgrade parts for airsoft toys. In the past few years, they have been developing and marketing their very own complete set airsoft guns specifically for Law Enforcement / Military training. These new generation toys are named PTW (personal training weapon) System. They are more advanced mechanically (and cost nearly the same as the real gun counterpart without the optics and optional rail systems) than typical airsoft toys.

So, this leads me to believe that the gun above is a Systema PTW accessorized with a real ARMS SIR Midlength and EOTech HWS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]
2nd one looks like a bushy with a SIR, a winter trigger guard, and a bushy forend rail pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#12]
No offense, but basically you are an Airsofter hanging out here to learn about AR15s now, right?  

There are some guys looking at Airsoft Clones of popular optics like ACOGs and Aimpoints and I think they need your help in staying away from the really bad or notoriously cheap companies...

Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#13]
kuneho: thats right on the spot! good work
there were also some good sugestions about what difference my ak are from a real one.
And I can fill you in on one thing. The aksu handguard gets worned very fast becouse of the bad quality of the color they have been painted with (yes the handguard is real)

I know very well that airsoft isent highly regarded here or in the states. But keep in Mind that this is my only option to collect something that at least reminds me of a real rifle.
Here in sweden you are not even allowed to have deactivated ones.
If I lived in US I would surely be in a shooting range near you compering the latest cool thing for my ar15 but owning a real ar is not an option for me.
And yes I lear quite much hanging here.

PS. the average age for airsofter here in sweden are somewhat around 25 and no one under 18. Compared to the avarage age in us thats a bit higher I guess.
What I want to say is that airsoft isnt seen as a kids game in the same extent as in US

I hope no one got offendet for me posting this pictures here.

thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#14]
ah, didn't see you were from Sweden.

Welcome to AR15.com and noone's going to get offended by the fact that you love the AR15!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Welcome to the forums! I hope you get a chance to shoot a real firearm one day. There's nothing else like it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top