Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 6:05:10 AM EDT
I have a Armalite carbine and I want to replace the front handguards with a rail system. The problem is that Armalite is back ordered by 60 days on their 1913 handguard. And a second problem is that their carbine handguards are not the same size as M4 handguards, so what is the solution. If I cannot get handguards that fit the Carbine from Armalite, is there another manufacturer that makes them?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:18:48 AM EDT
Try a search for Yankee Hill Manufacturing. I have their four railed HG and like it a lot. There is another mfgr out there who build a similar rail, but the name slips my mind at the moment. I’m sure someone will come along and chime in with the name!
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:25:59 AM EDT
The Handguard set you want is referred to as a 'shorty' handguard, the part# is 10705112kit. It will fit your M4 style Carbine.

We have them in stock, please call in and order
1-800-336-0184 Ext. 115
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:27:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/24/2006 6:29:09 AM EDT by rob78]
there are many railed handguards available from: Larue, Daniel Defense, ARMS, KAC, YHM, VLTOR, and others I'm sure I've missed.

Depending on your budget it's hard to beat LaRue or Daniel Defense for light weight and sturdiness in a free float design(solid as a rock on both accounts). ($250-$325 depending on model)

The ARMS design is considered outdated by some and therefore overly pricey, but does free float the barrel and is relatively simple to install. ($350-$400)

KAC is good stuff if you can find it...again, kind of pricey ($325 and up)

YHM is quite a bit cheaper yet there's a commensurate weight penalty. (std railed $100, free floated $125). Their non-free floated rail is a tight fit, but loosens up under continuous use of a vertical fore grip. Their free float design is good, but better may be had.

there are many informative threads here that can help you with your search.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:54:52 PM EDT
Problem solved! I just placed an order with LaRue for one of their 9 inch forends. It is more difficult to install, but I believe will offer better stability and free float the barrel and most importantly, it will not come loose over time.

Semper Fi!
Top Top