Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:48:09 PM EDT
I am trying to install a new M4 type stock on a Colt HBAR and I can't figure out how to remove the buffer tube. I have the spanner wrench tool, but I cant see how to remove it. Any help?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am trying to install a new M4 type stock on a Colt HBAR and I can't figure out how to remove the buffer tube. I have the spanner wrench tool, but I cant see how to remove it. Any help?

What is on there now, Carbine tube or Rifle tube?

Rifle tube: use a screwdriver and remove the top screw in the buttstock, pull the buttstock off and then use a crecent wrench on the end of the tube and remove

Carbine stock: if you are just replacing the stock body you can pull straight down on the adjusting lever and slide the stock off, then replace in the opposite manner
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
some additional help <click here
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are replacing a standard stock, look at the end of the buffer tube.  You will see a 'bar' across the back of the buffer tube.  Use a tight fitting wrench and turn counterclockwise to remove.

There will be no slots for the wrench on a standard buffer tube.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
some additional help <click here

I made sure to save this one.  Thanks for posting the useful link.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top