Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/22/2006 7:30:22 AM EDT
I am new at the AR market and I am seeing a lot of "new" makers out there.  After talking with a number of people in my area, the feelings are wide and I am getting a little confused.  This LMT rifle is a lot of money, is it worth the difference?? Bang for buck and all that.......  As a good everyday shooter, I just want a dependable rifle! A thought that one of the guys told me to think about, I could always chnge the upper later on if I so chose.

Hey any ideas on this and the first rifle????
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
CMT would be good.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
LMT is top of the line.  Bar none!  Of course that's just my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#3]
a dpms or olympic are less expensive (unless someones price gouging)and will last most people alife time.A tight  chamber can be bothersome,556 is the best all around unless you have your match ammo.
you dont  have to get colt, lmt, armalite .  & pay out the nose to get somthing decent.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

To answer your original question

The LMT rifle would be a great first rifle, you would be hard pressed to find a better quality rifle.

after you get to know the makers, mil specs. and quality of the different manufacturers, you would be happy with the LMT

Best bet is to do alot of research before dropping a thousand dollars on a rifle you might not be happy with

I myself like the Colt, LMT, Bushmaster, RRA and Armalite, in that order.
would'nt consider a DPMS or Olympic

now if you are considering building one for yourself, thats a whole different ball game
Many Many good part manufacturers out there, and gives you a satisfying feeling when you shoot it

Welcome to the boards
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Im gone to buy a LMT upper and give them a try as soon as this damn check comes
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#7]
my typing no so good , soory
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:48:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
a dpms or olympic are less expensive (unless someones price gouging)and will last most people alife time.A tight  chamber can be bothersome,556 is the best all around unless you have your match ammo.
you dont  have to get colt, lmt, armalite .  & pay out the nose to get somthing decent.

whatdid hesay.imnot sure I got allof that

He said "COLT SUCKS"
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
CMT would be good.

+1 CMT is top notch and just as good as LMT but at a affordable price so in my opinion i feel it is much better overall!!

usmc5593
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#11]
You can't even buy and a complete LMT rifle unless you are military of Law Enforcement with creds to prove.  That should tell you about them. Top of the line stuff like Knights Armament Comany of Titusville, FL
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am new at the AR market and I am seeing a lot of "new" makers out there.  After talking with a number of people in my area, the feelings are wide and I am getting a little confused.  This LMT rifle is a lot of money, is it worth the difference?? Bang for buck and all that.......  As a good everyday shooter, I just want a dependable rifle! A thought that one of the guys told me to think about, I could always chnge the upper later on if I so chose.

Noooooooooope

Buy a Bushmaster
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#13]
LMT is good stuff! I have two upper from them
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#14]
LMT is top of the line, so would a Colt, Bushmaster or RRA any of those would be a great choice.  If you want a good and dependable rifle stay far away from DPMS and Olympic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I've only been into AR's since this past summer.  In that time I've owned and shot a Colt, RRA, Stag and an LMT.  The LMT is my favorite, but to be honest the Stag lower I had was very nice.  The fit and finish were perfect and the price was really reasonable, I wish I did'nt sell it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:40:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You can't even buy and a complete LMT rifle unless you are military of Law Enforcement with creds to prove.  That should tell you about them. Top of the line stuff like Knights Armament Comany of Titusville, FL

It means they don't like to sell to civilians.  Stag/CMT/DPMS are all fine...

TS
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you really have to ask what you're going to use it for, and then get some real data along those dimensions.  If you plan to shoot in matches and put lots and lots of rounds through it, the way you evaluate "quality" is a heck of a lot different than if you're just planning to do some recreational shooting at the range.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Simply put... No
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Isn't LMT the company who's marketing slogan was, "Our rifles are too powerful for just anyone to own." or something like that?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think you really have to ask what you're going to use it for, and then get some real data along those dimensions.  If you plan to shoot in matches and put lots and lots of rounds through it, the way you evaluate "quality" is a heck of a lot different than if you're just planning to do some recreational shooting at the range.

You've been hanging here a long time without posting 'til now, Spanky.  Should I say, Welcome!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top