Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/20/2006 3:02:27 PM EDT
Hi All,

What kind of accuracy are you all getting or expect to get with the 14.5" M4 gery Bushmaster???

Just curious.  Will be taking mine the range this week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:23:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot my brothers flattop with removable carry handle. It shot about 4 inchs low at 25 yards.  Front sight was in the right possition and rear site was all the way down. I had to move the front sight down about 4 clicks.  I stepped back about 50 yards and it just kept getting lower. Confused the hell out of me. Maybe because it was an A3. I don't know. Anyone else have this problem? Almost forgot, weapon worked flawless.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#2]
it is more accurate than you, very good barrels and a very good carbine
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#3]
It's easy to say something cocky behind your computer screen, especially if you where not there. Your 2 little pennies would have been good enough. Sorry Cooper1, but somebody might turn this into a pissing match.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think he meant it as an insult. He meant most guns are more accurate then the person shooting them. I could give a gun that will shoot the nuts off a fly at 100 yds to a 10 year old thats never shot one before. Do you think he's going to be as accurate as the older guy thats been doing competition shooting for a few years? Get my drift? It wasn't an insult he was just saying that the gun can only be as accurate as you make it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's easy to say something cocky behind your computer screen, especially if you where not there. Your 2 little pennies would have been good enough. Sorry Cooper1, but somebody might turn this into a pissing match.

WTF kind of attitude is that?  If your gun is shooting low but all the bullets are going in the same hole the gun is accurate, just not zeroed.  Lighten up.

Accuracy is an equation based on barrel and ammo to get a result.  When you find the right ammo or load your own special load for the gun it will shoot great.  With normal milspec ammo it will be more than good enough to hit man size silhouettes past 300 yards.

I have had several BM guns and barrels and they shoot just fine.  IF you think you need a better barrel step up and spend $400+ on a true match barrel and you will be good to go!

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry if I came off as an ASS. Bad week a work and I'm sick. Just the way I read your remark. I just don't like when you  post a question and you just can't get an answer. There is always an asshole on all types of forums who seem to just leave cocky remarks and never answer the question. Looks like I may have been the one who was the ASS.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess I should have been more specific.  

What I meant to ask is if the groups begin to open up due to the thinner barrel profile when compared to a heavy barrel.  I'm sure 3 shot groups are tight.  Also, because the barrel is short (14.5" of rifling), does that help stiffen it compare to the 20".

Thanks,  -Coop
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top