Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2006 1:56:56 PM EDT
I have two post-ban AR carbines...no flash suppressors! Haven't had them too long, but they do pre-date the expiration of the ban! Anyway, the muzzle flash off the things, viewed through an optic is SIGNIFICANT!!! I need to retro-fit the little beasties with some sort of flash suppression! At the same time, the things are dead-nuts accurate & I'm a bit chicken-hearted about stripping the barrels down to nothing so they can be threaded & I guess I'm too cheap to pay the 'smith to do it for me. Is there any other altermative out there, I seem to remember a glut of pinned-on muzzle brakes out there. What about flash suppressors. Do they work? Are they worth it?hould
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2006 1:59:10 PM EDT by DK-Prof]

How cheap are you? ADCO can do it pretty cheap, and they are very fast and do great work.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:07:27 PM EDT
Flash suppressors do work, and work well. The Phantom I have on mine works almost too well in fact, as I kinda miss the flash.

silencertests.com/flash.htm Has some pics of suppressors is action.

So far I like the phantom, it is pretty light and effective, but there are other good ones out there.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:21:38 PM EDT
Send it to Adco, they will do it right, and you don't even have to take the upper apart.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
How cheap are you? ADCO can do it pretty cheap, and they are very fast and do great work.

+1
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:27:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By yekimak:
Flash suppressors do work, and work well. The Phantom I have on mine works almost too well in fact, as I kinda miss the flash.

silencertests.com/flash.htm Has some pics of suppressors is action.

So far I like the phantom, it is pretty light and effective, but there are other good ones out there.

What I like about those pics is if you look in the background, you can see that it looks like this guy is shooting in his cubicle at work! Not a fan of the ski's though, real men ride boards!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
Answer: Not too cheap to take advantage of an opportunity like this! ADCO, here I come!!! Thanks everyone for the good info!!!
Old SF MJT
Top Top