Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:45:11 AM EDT
This is an awesome forum. I have lurked for about 1 year, but just now registered.
My question regards basic GI mags, as found at ammoman.com. I want to load them with 20 rounds and leave them and if TSHTF, I can top them off. I always loaded my mags in the Marines with 28 rounds, but what do ya'll think? I wan to put the mags in my Weesatch and forget them.

I do think that my mags with Wolf replacement springs can handle a full load for an indefinate amount of time, but again, comments welcome.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum.  The 28 verses 30 rounds was just discussed here in case you haven't seen it yet:  28 verses 30
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want to load them with 20 rounds and leave them and if TSHTF, I can top them off. I always loaded my mags in the Marines with 28 rounds, but what do ya'll think?

Why store them with 20?  Load them up to 28 or 30 (whichever your preference) and store them that way.  Springs (even the stock ones) don't wear out due to compression, they wear out due to cycling them (filling <-> emptying).

Store them filled and rest easy.

Oh yeah, Welcome Aboard!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top