AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody who has ever visited Blackwater knows they issue and promote Bushmaster, Glock, and apparently now Sig. Individual contracts overseas might be different, but for the training center itself that is all that you will see. I was just down there last weekend and they even sell “Blackwater” labeled Bushmaster’s and Sig’s. I guess the Blackwater guys just aren't as "High Speed" as the ARFCOM kool Aid drinkers.  

Variablebinary is joking by the way.

Did not know they were on a SIG kick. All they offered us were G17's and very few G19's.

Who do you want to play today?

Badass contractor?

Or badass Navy SEAL?

You choose first, I'll be the other one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the Barrel twist of the Blackwater Bushmasters ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

1:7 I would imagine
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody who has ever visited Blackwater knows they issue and promote Bushmaster, Glock, and apparently now Sig. Individual contracts overseas might be different, but for the training center itself that is all that you will see. I was just down there last weekend and they even sell “Blackwater” labeled Bushmaster’s and Sig’s. I guess the Blackwater guys just aren't as "High Speed" as the ARFCOM kool Aid drinkers.  

Did not know they were on a SIG kick. All they offered us were G17's and very few G19's.

Badass contractor?
www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-blackwater-large.jpg

Or badass Navy SEAL?
www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-navy-large.jpg

Both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Badass contractor?
www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-blackwater-large.jpg

Or badass Navy SEAL?
www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/p226-navy-large.jpg

Depends.  Which one would piss-off the libtards more?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you out of your freaking head. No operator in his right mind would use a Bushmaster. They dont use the  correct extractor spring (Black not blue), or have F marked FSB. Those things are vital to anyone that uses their AR15 for anything other than the range

Not to mention the non-spec receiver extrension.  What are you supposed to do if you need to install a SOPMOD in the middle of a firefight?  Call an armorer?  Give me a break.

Under some circumstances these may be valid points, but how can anyone deny the effectiveness and reliability of the guns if they are standard issue with Blackwater?  They would have switched to something else by now.

I'm reasonably certain that both of those posts were poking fun at the Kool Aid crew and were not meant to be taken entirely seriously.

I was also playing along (I know spring color is irrelevant).  Perhaps I pushed it a bit too far.  Easy to draw fire from them here, though.

Color spring is irrelevent?! You ever heard of the TDP. Colors matter and if you dont think so you need help. Those Blackwater guys are crazy. I happen to know for a fact their guns jam often. How do I know you ask? NO REAL TDP SPEC M4 FEED RAMPS. Seriously, wtf. Taking chances with those contractors lives. Blackwater should be sued.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everything I saw in the Armorer's work area, @ Blackwater, was Bushie.

So was Simple Dynamic's precision AR a Bushmaster also? The rifle he used in Najaf I think

YES Bushy
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/simplydynamic/HaleyM16.jpg

Thanks for offering up that info.  I just have one other question if you dont mind.  Is it an Hbar or is it a government barrel.  If you can give that info thanks I really want to build a rifle like that one.  

beleive it or not its a standard Govt profile 1/7
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
SimplyDynamic, what does the text of the photo say, out of curiosity?

Letter of Appreciation

Dear Mr. Haley,

This letter serves to officially recognize you for your outstanding efforts serving as a door gunner for Blackwater Air assets, and Advance Team Counter Sniper while supporting Al Najaf, Iraq during Operation Iraqi Enduring Freedom with critically needed support, equipment, and supplies.  Your outstanding performance of duty as a Counter Sniper to hold off a massive invasion by more than 1000 enemy insurgents was inspiring and you are to be commended.  Your individual sacrifice has made an indelible impact on the Coalition Provisional Authority’s efforts to create and maintain a stable region in Iraq.  We are grateful for your endurance and support of the Blackwater Security Team during a critical time.  Your strength, fortitude, and choice to overcome serve as a role model for all who presently serve their country in Iraq.  In appreciation for your accomplishment, we would like to reward you with an M-4 rifle etched with the Blackwater emblem.  On behalf of Blackwater Security Consulting, we offer our sincere gratitude for your bravery and service to country.    

then it has the specs on the rifle at the bottom
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letter of Appreciation

Dear Mr. Haley,

This letter serves to officially recognize you for your outstanding efforts serving as a door gunner for Blackwater Air assets, and Advance Team Counter Sniper while supporting Al Najaf, Iraq during Operation Iraqi Enduring Freedom with critically needed support, equipment, and supplies.  Your outstanding performance of duty as a Counter Sniper to hold off a massive invasion by more than 1000 enemy insurgents was inspiring and you are to be commended.  Your individual sacrifice has made an indelible impact on the Coalition Provisional Authority’s efforts to create and maintain a stable region in Iraq.  We are grateful for your endurance and support of the Blackwater Security Team during a critical time.  Your strength, fortitude, and choice to overcome serve as a role model for all who presently serve their country in Iraq.  In appreciation for your accomplishment, we would like to reward you with an M-4 rifle etched with the Blackwater emblem.  On behalf of Blackwater Security Consulting, we offer our sincere gratitude for your bravery and service to country.    

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#13]
To FedDc your right man lowest bid does win...thats why the government has contracts with Colt and FN..the low bidders...yea low bid that realy detrmines quality
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:19:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
To FedDc your right man lowest bid does win...thats why the government has contracts with Colt and FN..the low bidders...yea low bid that realy detrmines quality

The part that most people don't get is that its a low bid on PARTS THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS. So the low bidder and the high bidder, and everyone in between, was going to build the same thing. The low bidder just had a more efficient way of doing it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Taking chances with those contractors lives. Blackwater should be sued.

Actually they are:

The Red Zone

Aerospace Daily & Defense Report
November 14, 2005 Monday
Pg. 5 Vol. 216 No. 31

Defense services firms wary of Iraq slayings case

Michael Bruno

Defense services contractors are warily watching a court case involving Blackwater Security Consulting LLC and employees who were killed in Iraq.

A federal appeals court in Richmond, Va., is considering whether the families of four workers killed in a high-profile attack in March 2004 can sue the company in North Carolina state court, as a federal district judge has ruled.

The company and the Professional Services Council trade association have argued that the case should be considered in federal court where they believe the Defense Base Act would shield them from such liability. PSC chief counsel Alan Chvotkin told The DAILY that if Blackwater can be
successfully sued under this lawsuit, it will result in a chilling effect on contractors supporting U.S. forces abroad.

"There are literally hundreds of companies that are already processing claims," Chvotkin said. If the act fails to stem those liability claims, eventually costs will grow for the government while fewer companies would seek to enter the military-support business.

"That's the real imponderable," he said.

According to The Charlotte Observer newspaper, the families of the slain men sued in state court earlier this year alleging that Blackwater cut corners that led to their deaths. The suit claims the men were sent into Fallujah without proper firepower, vehicles and training, or even a map.

According to the Labor Department, 147 U.S. contractors and another 265 foreign contractors were killed in Iraq between April 2003 and September 2005. The U.S. special inspector general for Iraq reconstruction reported Oct. 30 that 80 percent of the deaths were due to terrorist acts.

- Michael Bruno ([email protected])

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:25:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ours (another company, not BW) are 1/9.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are you out of your freaking head. No operator in his right mind would use a Bushmaster. They dont use the  correct extractor spring (Black not blue), or have F marked FSB. Those things are vital to anyone that uses their AR15 for anything other than the range

Man, your right.... The only reason I own a Colt is because of the F marked FSB and my extractor spring is politically correct.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letter of Appreciation

Dear Mr. Haley,

Dayum!

Nice work, TH.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:28:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ours (another company, not BW) are 1/9.

My program just got a bunch of Bushmaster "M4 type" weapons in.  Burst, Alcoa fixed carry handle A2 type uppers, 1/9 twist 14.5 barrel with M203 Cut.  I dont work for Blackwater.  

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:38:55 AM EDT
[#20]

Almost sounds like a true story.  1000 insurgents?  Next time try 20 and people might buy it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Almost sounds like a true story.  1000 insurgents?  Next time try 20 and people might buy it.

I hope you are joking..............
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#22]
The joke is that dude shooting his AR in the desert on video.  Blackwater relies on local weapons.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:07:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The joke is that dude shooting his AR in the desert on video.  Blackwater relies on local weapons.

Wrong on all accounts.

Let me guess your call sign is Maverick and you used to have a RIO named Gooseman too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:27:19 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

You, are NOT smart.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That expalins why the BW guys here in Kabul all carry M4s.  

Again: you, are NOT smart.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:34:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't look like 1000 in the video to me either. Not to mention they were 600+ meters out there. But who knows, I wasnt there.

- rem
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:42:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

How the fuck would you know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Don't you just love internet  armchair commados? Go back to your video game please.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember, conracts are not all about quality gear, if you as a contracting officer can save a few bucks and still more or less get the same thing, you do it...  Lowest cost gets the bid.  

Except in the case of Colt, of course.  Their .gov contract is different than all the rest.

You may laugh, but it's true.  Colt didn't get their M4 contract through competitive bidding; they got it through a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:41:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Remember, conracts are not all about quality gear, if you as a contracting officer can save a few bucks and still more or less get the same thing, you do it...  Lowest cost gets the bid.  

Except in the case of Colt, of course.  Their .gov contract is different than all the rest.

You may laugh, but it's true.  Colt didn't get their M4 contract through competitive bidding; they got it through a lawsuit.

That is correct, the M4/A1 contracts are not competive, so Colt's is not the lowest bidder, they have gotten sole source awards on the M4/A1 due to a lawsuit.  FN sued trying to get in on the action, and lost:

FN Manuf. v. U.S. (USCFC)

Colt afforded limited rights to Army for the M16.
Army auth to release tech data for competitive procurement, but only in U.S.
Colt makes the M4, with same rights as M16
Navy discloses M4 data to 20 contractors
FN refused to sign non-disclosure agreement
When Army awarded sole source contract to Colt, FN sued for CICA violation
Court looked at source of money used to develop M4 to determine that Army could relinquish data rights if Colt funded development of M4.

source:

www.nceita.org/downloads/GOV'TCONTRACTS&IP-NCTALECTURE.ppt
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:42:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letter of Appreciation

Dear Mr. Haley,

Very nice. Congrats and thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#32]
USNTopGun378-

Are you really laughing at "that dude shooting his AR in the desert on video"?  Or are you just being sarcastic?  Stupid perhaps?

That exact "DUDE" has already responded to this thread several times.  

You've got an overabundane of BALLS or a supreme lack of intelligence!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The part that most people don't get is that its a low bid on PARTS THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS. So the low bidder and the high bidder, and everyone in between, was going to build the same thing. The low bidder just had a more efficient way of doing it.

Again, correct and a good point.  For example the M16A1 made by Colt's, Hydramatic, and H&R were made to the same Mil-Spec, with the same TDP, and met the same acceptance inspections, all three getting the white DOD Defence Eagle Stamp on thier accepted rifles.

But, it is not always the lowest bidder the US Army is looking for.  Hydramatic's bid was much higher then Colt's, and resulted in a Congressional investigation.  US Army basically said they paid more for the rifles from others simply because they did not want to be stuck with a sole source for their Standard A rifle during a war.

While I am familiar with the bidding process with the US Army, and their Mil-Specs, and acceptance standards, am not familiar with what Bushmaster bidding process is, what Blackwater-Spec is, and what acceptance standards they have prior to accepting weapons into inventory.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
USNTopGun378-

Are you really laughing at "that dude shooting his AR in the desert on video"?  Or are you just being sarcastic?  Stupid perhaps?

I've read quite a few other posts of his that are quite "trollish" - it sounds like a video gamer who thinks he knows a thing or two about guns or combat.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#35]
I think you guys are confusing what Blackwater uses stateside for their training programs vs. what is used in Iraq.

For the Dept. of State contract in Iraq they use G19's and Colt M4's.

For their post Katrina contract they issued Bushmaster M4's and G17's. Most of the M4's are back at Moyock now.

I know for a fact Aegis uses Bushmaster shorties (11.5") that are select fire.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:10:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
USNTopGun378-

I think its more lack of intelligence or jealousy that he cant do what those elite warriors accomplished.  

If you need a little refresher WATCH away

And just a question, are there restriciotns on what companies can use over there, MGs, frags, claymores, tactical airstrikeshing
PJ

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Letter of Appreciation

Dear Mr. Haley,

Congratulations on the rifle, and the award, very nice.

Some say there are no men in the younger generation, as there was in the past, say in WWII.  I say bull, and point to young men like yourself.  Thank you.  Come to think of it I pray for our service men and women every night, will add contractors to the list effective today.

And what does happen when you shoot an AT4 at the moon?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:50:38 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... and Orlite mags!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Letter of Appreciation

<Much Cool Stuff Snipped to save Bandwidth>  

Most impressive!  It's nice to see BW rewards good performace.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#42]
SIMPLYDYNAMIC...how do you guys like the ARMS sights?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
USNTopGun378-

Hell, I'll laugh at "that dude" too, and I don't even know who you're talking about.  I'll even call him a little wussyboy wannabe to his virtual face.  How ballsy is that?  Am I The Man, or what?  I must be some kind of virtual Chuck Norris or something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Next time you are thinking about saying something, please stop as you may hurt yourself. Go back under that rock you crawled out from. You have not earned the right to talk shit about a guy that has served his country the way SD has.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#46]
this kind of bullshit from USNtopgun is the same reason why pat rogers and coldblue hardly visit us at this site anymore. i fear a day when all the good members are driven away and this is an airsoft/poseur board.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#47]
SD, congratulations are in order, as well as a hearty "thank you" for your service.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:07:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
USNTopGun378-

Hell, I'll laugh at "that dude" too, and I don't even know who you're talking about.  I'll even call him a little wussyboy wannabe to his virtual face.  How ballsy is that?  Am I The Man, or what?  I must be some kind of virtual Chuck Norris or something.

John the whatever, even if you aren't serious, can't you do something other than post stupid cocky answers to everyones posts?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
USNTopGun378-

John the whatever, even if you aren't serious, can't you do something other than post stupid cocky answers to everyones posts?

Nope.  I'm a bit of a one trick pony.  Sorry.  
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top