Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:56:57 PM EDT
I tried searching but was unsucessful.

I have an a1 upper w/ an a2 stock.  I mounted an EOTech on the carry handle.  It works good but I would like to improve the cheekweld.  

Would appreciate any advice from "raised cheekpiece" users.  FWIW, I like having the EOTech on the carrying handle and shoot fairly well with it but I'm sure I could improve.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
JonB
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend the money on a new upper reciever instead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll do better with a PRI or Bernie Coolie goosneck mount for the EOTech instead of the plastic cheek piece.

With a raised cheed piece you will not be able to use your irons.  Also the trajectory from an EOTech mounted so high is pi$$-poor, mounting the EOTech down near the proper sight plane will give you a flatter trajectory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Spend the money on a new upper reciever instead.

Another winning idea.  Replace the A1 with a flattop then sell the A1 to recoup your costs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#4]
get a flattop
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Aww man, I like my A1 upper! hadn  
For some reason I decided against a goosneck mount, but I can't recall why.  I'll re-examine that option.

I guess I need to get with the times and check out those flatties!
Thanks,
JonB
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Aww man, I like my A1 upper!  I hadn't considered not being able to use the irons with a cheekpiece, thanks for pointing that out.  I'll have to look into flattops, but I like the look of the A1 better.  Thats pretty lame, as the EOTech looks a little out of place on the older upper anyway.  

For some reason I decided against a goosneck mount, but I can't recall why.  I'll re-examine that option.

I guess I need to get with the times and check out those flatties!
Thanks,
JonB

Only other option is to get a FF Tube (like the Troy, Sampson, DD, LaRue) where the top rail is the same height as a flattop.  Then mount the optic to the top rail.

This is the most expensive option, and in most cases (DD being the exception) the weight will be more than using a Goosneck mount.  However as a bonus it allows you to add a light to your rifle and give you the VFG option is you choose to persue it down the road.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top