Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:56:57 PM EDT
I tried searching but was unsucessful.

I have an a1 upper w/ an a2 stock. I mounted an EOTech on the carry handle. It works good but I would like to improve the cheekweld.

Would appreciate any advice from "raised cheekpiece" users. FWIW, I like having the EOTech on the carrying handle and shoot fairly well with it but I'm sure I could improve.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
JonB
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:08:21 PM EDT
Spend the money on a new upper reciever instead.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:10:54 PM EDT
You'll do better with a PRI or Bernie Coolie goosneck mount for the EOTech instead of the plastic cheek piece.

With a raised cheed piece you will not be able to use your irons. Also the trajectory from an EOTech mounted so high is pi$$-poor, mounting the EOTech down near the proper sight plane will give you a flatter trajectory.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:11:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DevL:
Spend the money on a new upper reciever instead.

Another winning idea. Replace the A1 with a flattop then sell the A1 to recoup your costs.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:26:19 PM EDT
get a flattop
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 10:11:28 PM EDT
Aww man, I like my A1 upper! hadn
For some reason I decided against a goosneck mount, but I can't recall why. I'll re-examine that option.

I guess I need to get with the times and check out those flatties!
Thanks,
JonB
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:00:11 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jonb:
Aww man, I like my A1 upper! I hadn't considered not being able to use the irons with a cheekpiece, thanks for pointing that out. I'll have to look into flattops, but I like the look of the A1 better. Thats pretty lame, as the EOTech looks a little out of place on the older upper anyway.

For some reason I decided against a goosneck mount, but I can't recall why. I'll re-examine that option.

I guess I need to get with the times and check out those flatties!
Thanks,
JonB

Only other option is to get a FF Tube (like the Troy, Sampson, DD, LaRue) where the top rail is the same height as a flattop. Then mount the optic to the top rail.

This is the most expensive option, and in most cases (DD being the exception) the weight will be more than using a Goosneck mount. However as a bonus it allows you to add a light to your rifle and give you the VFG option is you choose to persue it down the road.
Top Top