Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2006 2:56:44 PM EDT
I just got my AR-15 and can't decide on - Vertical foregrip or not vertical foregrip.  That is the question.  Opinions on pros and cons are appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I vote GG&G vertical

top notch in my opinion....

these are machined out of a block of cold plastic....

not molded...

PS if you decide to go with KAC, don't...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd suggest getting a VFG.  As to the make, I'd go KAC or Tango Down.

The reason I found it necessary to get a VFG is that after spending so much time w/ my hand wrapped around the standard handguards, my wrist began to ache.  It would hurt for days.  It's just because of the twist while supporting the weight of my rifle/carbine and the many, many, many hours holding the damn thing.

I put a surefire 2pc Rail and TD VFG on my M4 and find it much more comfortable.  Haven't had an ache in my wrist since.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.  What does KAC stand for and can I get a link?  Thanksh.gif
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't like the grip much when I first got it, but since I started using a flashlight on my AR I came to like them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the replies.  What does KAC stand for and can I get a link?  Thanks

IIRC, it's Knight's Armament Corp.  But that could be wrong, it's just one of those things that the acronym is so very common it takes place of the proper title.

As to where to purchase the KAC, hell I don't know where is the best but I'm sure someone will be along momentarily to point you in the right direction.  Most of the ones I've encountered were liberated through "creative avenues" after an extended stay in an exotic, yet dangerous, shithole.

Sly
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:13:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not found a brand I like more than others, but having one on my AR is a great improvement.  It really adds to the controlability of the weapon and, if it matters to you,  weapon retention.  Get a good one and you will be glad you did.

Sarge
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top