Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:26:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 3:25:20 PM EDT by AlCapone]
Do flash suppressors get hardend after manufacture / before parkerizing?

If not what type of steel are they using? "hardness"

Would aluminum flash SUPPRESSORS be safe? if made to the same specs? is there a aluminum that would be worthy of stregth say T6 , 6061?

just curious for the time being......

I think a machinist could answer these....

Capone
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:54:27 AM EDT
I would be weary of aluminum as a FH material. If the FH was bumped hard or the weapon dropped it could bend into the bullets path when exiting the barrel. Or possibly even crack.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:13:17 AM EDT
YOU, two guys need to review this thread as your terminology SUCKS.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=265180, for the difference between a flash-HIDER and a flash-SUPPRESSOR.

BTW, your both speaking of "suppressors" not "hiders"

Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:25:19 AM EDT
Flash suppressors are not hardened.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:24:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
YOU, two guys need to review this thread as your terminology SUCKS.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=265180, for the difference between a flash-HIDER and a flash-SUPPRESSOR.

BTW, your both speaking of "suppressors" not "hiders"

Mike

Well thanks Mr. Wilson for enlightening me on the world of flash hiders, muzzle breaks and flash suppressors! But you see, I knew what AlCapone meant by the terminology used in his question and don’t feel the need to be an “AR terminology Nazi”!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:42:39 AM EDT
+1 Quib. I hate those kind of replies as well. If you don't want to answer the question posed, just STFU!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 11:55:55 AM EDT by AlCapone]
fixed terminoligy to please yet more people, sorry

woke up to eairly this morning
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:24:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Nick710:
+1 Quib. I hate those kind of replies as well. If you don't want to answer the question posed, just STFU!

It’s the internet and I try not to let it get to me. I’ve been a member here on ARFCOM for some time now and regardless of someone’s weapons terminology, if I understand the question being asked, and can add some positive input, I will.

One thing I won’t do is spout off to the guy on the other key board , first out of respect, second because I have absolutely no clue about the other guys experience level. First time poster or a member with 10,000 posts, I try to treat every one with the respect I would like in return.
Top Top