Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:03:07 PM EDT
I found out I can bump my SLR-105 from the shoulder pretty accurately.  Tried it with my LE6920 and the hammer follows the carrier down about twice every mag.  Never happens when firing normally, just when trying to bump.  Is it just a matter of timing where the trigger mech lets the hammer fall through?  Please don't turn this into a "bumpfiring is stupid and senseless" thread.  From the shoulder its about as accurate as C3, and it is fun for us poor individuals.  Would a lighter trigger be the solution?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
$13,200 will cure your bump firing woes.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I could skip a semester of college...but somehow I don't think that would work out for the better in the long run...  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A lighter trigger will probably make it worse.  With the stock trigger in my bushy ive never had any problems with the hammer riding the carrier but when i switched to lighter trigger springs it started doing it.  Whats funny is it only rides the carrier when i try to bump from the shoulder but when im buming from the hip it works just fine..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A lighter trigger will probably make it worse.  With the stock trigger in my bushy ive never had any problems with the hammer riding the carrier but when i switched to lighter trigger springs it started doing it.  Whats funny is it only rides the carrier when i try to bump from the shoulder but when im buming from the hip it works just fine..

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
You have bolt bounce..
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You want to bump from the shoulder huh..

Three easy steps.

1.  Cut one of the hammer spring legs off
2.  Bend the trigger spring legs (the legs are the ones that touch the bottom of the receiver) up at a 30-45 degree angle, Bend up in the middle
3.  Cut the hook off the back of your hammer.  Make it look like an I instead of a J

That will make it a bump'n machine.  

ETA:  
Step 4. Extra Credit:  Try running a VERY heavy buffer.  I recommend the RRA 9mm buff. or even an H buffer.  Remember, the heavier the better!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Has a H buffer in it now.  It dont' really bother me because it functions as it should when being used normally.  At least its good to know whats going on.  Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
When you use a 9mm buffer are you just using the buffer or just the buffer spring or both???  How does using a heavier buffer aid in bumping?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
When you use a 9mm buffer are you just using the buffer or just the buffer spring or both???  How does using a heavier buffer aid in bumping?

The springs are identical.  The difference is in the buffer.  9's use a heavier buffer, therefore slow down the cycle.

It helps get the gun in time with your bump.  Give it a try, you'll like it.  Marry that with an M16 carrier and it'll make it even easier.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone know where to get a good 9mm buffer?  Does bushmaster carry them?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
your 6920 is telling you your wasting ammo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#12]
That RRA 9mm buffer looks plastic but surely its not??
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
your 6920 is telling you your wasting ammo.

Heck...I knew that myself.  Its fun and my money so o well...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top