Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:02:00 PM EDT
I have a ban era DPMS upper that has an AK-74 brake on it that will part your hair and I don't care for it much.  Are there threads under there or is it pressed or blind pinned  and  soldered?  If it is blind pinned I could just dremmel it off correct?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The Miculek Comp on my ban-era DPMS M4 was blind pinned.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Miculek Comp on my ban-era DPMS M4 was blind pinned.  

How bad were the threads damaged due to the pinning?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know. I dropped it and a Phantom FS off at the 'smith and picked it up a couple days later. Cost me a whopping $25, IIRC.

It couldn't have been too bad as there were no marks on the Miculek other than the hole where they drilled out the pin. The threads were perfect. I wonder if it was even soldered...

I know the "fixed" collapsible stock that came on it was a standard collapsible stock with two blind roll pins and a bit of epoxy on the buffer tube. Took about 15 minutes to make it functional...after the ban expired, that is.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top